Senior Product Designer, Spend Experience, Square Banking
- Alternate Location: New York, United States
To solve this problem, we expanded into software and built integrated solutions to help sellers sell online, manage inventory, book appointments, engage loyal buyers, and hire and pay staff. Across it all, we’ve embedded financial services tools at the point of sale, so merchants can access a business loan and manage their cash flow in one place. Afterpay furthers our goal to provide omnichannel tools that unlock meaningful value and growth, enabling sellers to capture the next generation shopper, increase order sizes, and compete at a larger scale.
Today, we are a partner to sellers of all sizes – large, enterprise-scale businesses with complex operations, sellers just starting, as well as merchants who began selling with Square and have grown larger over time. As our sellers grow, so do our solutions. There is a massive opportunity in front of us. We’re building a significant, meaningful, and lasting business, and we are helping sellers worldwide do the same.
As the lead designer for the Spend Experience team on Square Banking, you'll create remarkable solutions that will empower small business owners to take control of their cash flow and make their businesses more efficient and profitable. You work to create innovative payment solutions within Square Banking, thus allowing business owners to keep all their business finances all in one place. You will collaborate directly with partners and create vision-setting work to define the Spend Experience team's strategy and roadmap. You will report into a design team that works with other designers, product managers, content designers, researchers, and engineers.
- Guide the vision for the Spend product and achieve it through design explorations, documentation, and presentation with little or no guidance from design leadership
- Design from a customer-centric perspective, conduct/participate in user research, and integrate insights from data, research, customer support, and more in your design process
- Create professional, well-thought-out designs using established design systems and patterns
- Build strong, collaborative relationships with cross-functional peers
- Manage and prioritize your workload of multiple projects with different collaborators
- Employ effective system thinking and work to create unified, cohesive experiences across an ecosystem of products
- At least 8 years of relevant professional experience
- A portfolio that shows work you were directly responsible for
- Experience as a primary contributor to multiple high impact projects
- The ability to proactively create ideas that contribute to roadmaps/strategy with your direct cross-functional team
- You are able to lead the vision for the product and achieve it through design explorations, documentation, and presentations
- You are considered by their cross-functional leadership peers to be a leader for their direct team and are actively sought out to provide input toward core team initiatives
- You have the ability to effectively question and collaborate with your leadership peers and drive conversations to next steps
- You are able to use your years of experience to quickly move projects forward, using domain expertise, establishing principles, and conducting research when necessary
- You are able to use existing design systems and standards and work to improve these systems and standards when necessary
- You proactively provide feedback and mentorship to other designers via design reviews, knowledge sharing, or career guidance
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $202,500 - USD $247,500
Zone B: USD $192,400 - USD $235,200
Zone C: USD $182,300 - USD $222,800
Zone D: USD $172,200 - USD $210,400
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Benefits include the following:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D. and disability benefits
- Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
This role is also eligible to participate in Block's equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies, and may be eligible for a sign-on bonus. Sales roles may be eligible to participate in a commission plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies. Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.