iOS Engineer (Invoices)
To solve this problem, we expanded into software and built integrated solutions to help sellers sell online, manage inventory, book appointments, engage loyal buyers, and hire and pay staff. Across it all, we’ve embedded financial services tools at the point of sale, so merchants can access a business loan and manage their cash flow in one place. Afterpay furthers our goal to provide omnichannel tools that unlock meaningful value and growth, enabling sellers to capture the next generation shopper, increase order sizes, and compete at a larger scale.
Today, we are a partner to sellers of all sizes – large, enterprise-scale businesses with complex operations, sellers just starting, as well as merchants who began selling with Square and have grown larger over time. As our sellers grow, so do our solutions. There is a massive opportunity in front of us. We’re building a significant, meaningful, and lasting business, and we are helping sellers worldwide do the same.
Square Invoices is the easiest way for merchants to close sales and collect payments remotely. Our customers rely on our products because they are well-designed, easy to use, and integrated with their business. We are a full-stack product oriented team, spanning across engineering, design, product, data science, and marketing. You'll implement management’s roadmap and strategy decisions and will play a critical role in helping the team accomplish our industry-leading growth goals.
Our team is focused, fast-moving, and rapidly growing with an abundance of growth and impact opportunities. We focus on building the best tools to help our merchants close sales and get paid quickly, anywhere, at any time. At the same time, we are doing this in an efficient and scalable way, making smart choices about how to automate critical functions for our merchants.
As a mobile engineer on the Invoices team, you will work within Square’s Point of Sale codebase and have the ability to impact all of the apps in our ecosystem, including our Invoices app.
- Help guide the engineering implementation of seller facing projects, from idea stage to rolling out to our sellers.
- Build high availability and resilient systems which can accept and report payments no matter the network or device conditions.
- Partner with iOS, Android, and Server engineers to ship features.
- Work closely with product managers and designers to iterate on and define product scope and design
- Respond to customer feedback to improve our products.
- 5+ years experience developing and shipping iOS applications using Swift and/or Objective-C
- Experience creating readable, pragmatic code
- Strong communication skills and a demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally with other functions, such as designers, product managers, data scientists, marketing, and business development to deliver a great product
- Demonstrated, first hand experience building products at scale
- An appreciation for the connection between the software you build and the experience it delivers to customers
- A passion for product development and seeing results
Technologies we use:
- Swift and Objective-C.
- Square's open source iOS frameworks: Workflow (state management), Blueprint (declarative UI).
- UIKit, CoreAnimation, and CoreData.
- Unit tests, snapshot tests, integration tests.
- Service APIs and Protocol Buffers.
- Bazel for our build environments.
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $167,300 - USD $204,500
Zone B: USD $158,900 - USD $194,300
Zone C: USD $150,600 - USD $184,000
Zone D: USD $142,200 - USD $173,800
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Benefits include the following:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D. and disability benefits
- Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
This role is also eligible to participate in Block's equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies, and may be eligible for a sign-on bonus. Sales roles may be eligible to participate in a commission plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies. Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.