Payments Operations Manager, Partnerships
To solve this problem, we expanded into software and built integrated solutions to help sellers sell online, manage inventory, book appointments, engage loyal buyers, and hire and pay staff. Across it all, we’ve embedded financial services tools at the point of sale, so merchants can access a business loan and manage their cash flow in one place. Afterpay furthers our goal to provide omnichannel tools that unlock meaningful value and growth, enabling sellers to capture the next generation shopper, increase order sizes, and compete at a larger scale.
Today, we are a partner to sellers of all sizes – large, enterprise-scale businesses with complex operations, sellers just starting, as well as merchants who began selling with Square and have grown larger over time. As our sellers grow, so do our solutions. There is a massive opportunity in front of us. We’re building a significant, meaningful, and lasting business, and we are helping sellers worldwide do the same.
As Operations Program Manager you will support one of Square's most important assets in delivering meaningful and unique value to our Sellers - our operations health and the relationships with our essential risk and data vendors, important to protecting Square's ecosystem. These vendors provide us with a constant stream of relevant data that promote decisions about payments and settlement. You will help adapt and evolve our operations and relationships to reflect the important role these vendors and suppliers play to keep payments flowing across Square.
From commercial relationships and agreements to program management, you will support the Industry Relations and Operations team's agenda toward helping Square grow and adapt to the dynamic landscape of the industry in which we operate. You will collaborate with Risk, Compliance, Product, and Engineering counterparts to deliver seamless experiences and ensure Square's seller's risk and compliance obligations.
- Support the IRO team to operationalize and solidify strategic partner and vendor relationships to promote new products and infrastructure to future-proof Square's business and ensure resiliency
- Increase strategic partnerships through detailed partner management, managing relationships including, daily engagements, escalations, contracts, and invoicing
- Audit existing partners to build operational improvements to existing processes to maximize operational efficiencies and minimizes costs
- Prioritize the optimization of risk and identity data vendors and implement changes to protect Square's ecosystem, ensuring scalability and redundancy
- Identify and compare sources of data and industry information to help Square creatively consolidate or diversify the existing portfolio
- Program manage internally, driving analysis and discussion with partners to improve products, features, and data sets across identity and risk vendors
- Work with partners to identify best practices and promote standardization through documenting processes and performance tracking
- Monitor performance and ensure reporting is clear and accurate and communicate results to company partners
- Collaborate across several company teams including engineering, product, finance, data science, legal, compliance, and risk to guide and support the selection or deprecation of partners
- Bachelor's degree and demonstrated experience working within Financial Technology or Payments with high-growth technology, specific to risk and identity vendors
- Dexterity and appetite to straddle the roles of relationship manager, program manager, and analytics manager, interrogating compliance requirements, contract changes, and working with account managers
- Understanding of compliance structures and risk management of the many entities that operate in the payments ecosystem
- Top-notch skills to collaborate with your team and partners to achieve strategic results
- Use data to lead decision-making
- You are comfortable leading projects forward through obscurity
- You have worked with local, regional, and global providers in the identity and risk management space
- 5+ years of experience negotiating complex commercial agreements
- Experience building dashboards to facilitate performance monitoring with data visualization tools such as Looker, Tableau, PowerBI, or similar
- You are familiar with SQL and can write queries to perform your own analysis
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $125,600 - USD $153,600
Zone B: USD $116,800 - USD $142,800
Zone C: USD $110,500 - USD $135,100
Zone D: USD $100,500 - USD $122,900
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Benefits include the following:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D. and disability benefits
- Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
This role is also eligible to participate in Block's equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies, and may be eligible for a sign-on bonus. Sales roles may be eligible to participate in a commission plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies. Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.