Public Policy and Regulatory Affairs Manager
Block (owner of Afterpay, Square, Cash App, TIDAL, and TBD) is looking for an extraordinary Public Policy and Regulatory Affairs Manager to join our Asia-Pacific Public Policy team. You will help develop Block's government and regulatory strategy across the entire Block ecosystem. You will be involved in the important issues at the forefront of financial services and technology policy; including payments, consumer credit, small business empowerment and digital assets. You will be reporting to the Head of Public Policy, APAC and based in Sydney, AU.
- Develop and implement Block's public policy and regulatory strategy across all of Block's products; including Afterpay, Square, Cash App, TIDAL, and TBD.
- Represent Block with government officials, regulators and other stakeholders. This includes leading external discussions on key topics including consumer credit and payments regulation.
- Develop and produce research, government submissions and other public policy material. This includes detailed analysis of Block's regulatory environment.
- Manage Block's broader external engagement, including participation in industry events, speechwriting and media engagement.
- Manage important projects and research programmes. This includes managing relationships and project managing work with third-party consultants.
- 5+ years experience in public policy, regulatory affairs, government relations or legal roles
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Sound and practical business judgment, intellectual creativity, and problem-solving skills
- Bachelor's degree in law, economics, public policy or equivalent practical experience
- Experience in financial services legal and regulatory roles
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, based solely on the core competencies required of the role at hand, and without regard to any legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.