Product Manager, Connected Devices Experiences
- Alternate Location: Denver, United States
To solve this problem, we expanded into software and built integrated solutions to help sellers sell online, manage inventory, book appointments, engage loyal buyers, and hire and pay staff. Across it all, we’ve embedded financial services tools at the point of sale, so merchants can access a business loan and manage their cash flow in one place. Afterpay furthers our goal to provide omnichannel tools that unlock meaningful value and growth, enabling sellers to capture the next generation shopper, increase order sizes, and compete at a larger scale.
Today, we are a partner to sellers of all sizes – large, enterprise-scale businesses with complex operations, sellers just starting, as well as merchants who began selling with Square and have grown larger over time. As our sellers grow, so do our solutions. There is a massive opportunity in front of us. We’re building a significant, meaningful, and lasting business, and we are helping sellers worldwide do the same.
As the Connected Device Experience Product Manager, you will oversee platform and product development from ideation, through to product creation and delivery. You will be responsible for driving the strategy to help merchants seamlessly use devices (both Square hardware and third party peripherals) to run their daily operations across our mobile Points of Sale (Square Point of Sale, Square for Retail, Square for Restaurants, Square for Appointments). You will advocate for the voice of our merchants and 3rd party developers to provide a set of platform capabilities and user experiences that are not just reliable, scalable, and secure, but also create a competitive advantage for merchants using Square. This is a visible role that provides an opportunity to oversee an important piece of Square's hardware and software strategy.
In this role, you will collaborate closely with designers, engineers, analysts, marketers, and other team members within the organization to ensure our products provide a remarkable, delightful experience. On any given day, your job may include researching seller feedback, building a new strategy, presenting to executive leadership, building new experiences, iterating on experiments, and planning or prioritizing initiatives. You will oversee the full stack product management of the platform, mobile APIs/SDKs, and user-experiences that empower sellers with flexible solutions to differentiate their business and succeed. You will:
- Help shape the direction, influence product strategy, and establish practices to address customer needs.
- Use feedback from sellers and developers across multiple markets to improve our feature portfolio to meet needs across the entire Square ecosystem.
- Lead the planning, scoping, and prioritization of projects to achieve all of our goals.
- You will outline entire roadmaps and project requirements, goals, and constraints.
- Work with your engineering, design, and analytics partners to execute on your team's roadmap
- Represent the team with partners and senior company leaders to align resources and prioritization.
- Determine features, write product and technical specs, organize user studies, help write test plans, manage the backlog.
- Experience building mobile products - including experience working on products with developer facing interfaces (i.e. APIs and SDKs) and shipping elegant customer-facing products
- 5+ years of professional experience as a Product Manager for a platform or consumer oriented product
- Experience working with a high-performing team of software engineers, using agile software development practices
- Experience working with data analytics to understand product usage, identify opportunities, and design experiments that enable you to measure your products performance
- Results oriented through collaboration with cross-functional teams, through clear written communication.
- Passion for Square's mission, with new technology and for solving complex problems.
- Experience building software for integrated hardware devices.
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $167,300 - USD $204,500
Zone B: USD $158,900 - USD $194,300
Zone C: USD $150,600 - USD $184,000
Zone D: USD $142,200 - USD $173,800
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Benefits include the following:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D. and disability benefits
- Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
This role is also eligible to participate in Block's equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies, and may be eligible for a sign-on bonus. Sales roles may be eligible to participate in a commission plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies. Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.