Senior Software Engineer
Afterpay has transformed the way people pay by allowing shoppers to receive products immediately and pay in four simple installments over a short period of time. The service is completely free for customers who pay on time - helping consumers spend money responsibly, without incurring interest, fees or revolving and extended debt. Afterpay is offered by more than 55,400 of the world’s best retailers and has more than 7.3 million active customers globally. The solution is currently available in Australia, New Zealand, the United States and the United Kingdom where it is called Clearpay. Afterpay evolves quickly and is on a mission to be the world’s most loved way to pay and an employer of choice. We are on a rocketship most days so if you are up for a challenge, like the notion of joining a business with big dreams and love being part of a high performing team then please grab a ticket and contact us today.
You may also check out our LinkedIn page: https://www.linkedin.com/company/afterpay-com-au/. This position will be based in our newly setup Shanghai Technology Center.
- Working on backend development on IDV related system that provide compliance and risk values
- Developing and maintaining several large-scale full-stack systems built on modern tech stacks such as Java, Kotlin, Python, Spring Boot, PostgreSQL, Redis, Kafka, Elasticsearch, Docker, Kubernetes, AWS, etc.
- Working closely with our cross-functional teams consisting of engineers, designers, product managers, in an agile, fast-paced environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science/engineering or related major.5+ years of backend software development experience.
- Experience in building and maintaining Internet applications with a good understanding of large scale distributed systems.
- Seriousness about testing and have experience with automated testing frameworks.
- Enthusiasm about solving business problems with technology and can take ownership of an end-to-end solution.
- Execution mindset and the ability to deliver with cross-functional teams that are globally distributed.
- Fluent verbal and written English.
- Experienced in programming with Java/Kotlin and SpringBoot, Armeria/gRPC framework.
- Strong architecture design experience/skills for Internet applications.
- Experience with full-stack development of either web or mobile applications.
- BA/MS/PhD degree in computer science or a related field preferred.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, based solely on the core competencies required of the role at hand, and without regard to any legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.