Lending Regulatory Paralegal, Global
Block relies on licenses and registrations from financial regulators globally to issue many of its lending related products. The core mission of the Lending Regulatory Paralegal, Global is to uphold Block's lending licensing and other regulatory obligations in jurisdictions outside of the U.S., which are important to our success. Chief among the role's responsibilities are project managing license applications, supporting regulatory counsel with regulatory scoping and analysis, tracking regular license maintenance requirements, timely filing regulatory reports and regulatory submissions and communicating daily with regulators. You will be a project managing and executing champion, partnering with team members in legal, finance, analytics, product and other teams, to ensure that Block is compliant with applicable requirements while, to the extent possible, streamlining regulatory impact and facilitating innovation. You will report to the Lead Licensing & Exam Manager.
- Co-manage a global licensing program that fulfills our legal and regulatory responsibilities, while endeavoring to minimize business and product impact
- Support regulatory counsel with product scoping and analysis on the development of new products in jurisdictions outside of the U.S.
- Complete regulatory reporting requirements by gathering data from multiple and different team members, harmonizing data and ensuring that all reports are submitted with care and on time
- Manage all assigned licensing requirements, partnering with all partners as necessary
- Manage third-party licensing vendors and coordinate work orders
- Daily license maintenance and management of regulatory records
- Support examination preparation and submissions
- Cultivate and maintain strong working relationships with internal and external partners and global regulators through among other things, exercising respectfulness, effective communication and demonstrating sensitivity and timeliness in responding to regulatory requests
- Manage assigned work, with a team-oriented approach
- 3+ years experience in legal, compliance, or regulatory affairs, preferably in the lending space
- Experience with lending related licensing applications, maintenance and management in jurisdictions outside of the U.S.; examination experience a plus
- Familiarity with lending regulations and financial services industry best practices, preferably in jurisdictions outside of the U.S.
- Experience communicating with regulatory agencies
- Experience interpreting and explaining legal and regulatory obligations to a wide audience
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $125,600 - USD $153,600
Zone B: USD $116,800 - USD $142,800
Zone C: USD $110,500 - USD $135,100
Zone D: USD $100,500 - USD $122,900
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Benefits include the following:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D. and disability benefits
- Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
This role is also eligible to participate in Block's equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies, and may be eligible for a sign-on bonus. Sales roles may be eligible to participate in a commission plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies. Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.