Product Data Scientist
Today, Cash App has thousands of employees working globally across office and remote locations, with a culture geared toward innovation, collaboration and impact. We’ve been a distributed team since day one, and many of our roles can be done remotely from the countries where Cash App operates. No matter the location, we tailor our experience to ensure our employees are creative, productive, and happy.
Check out our locations, benefits, and more at cash.app/careers!
Our message and our product resonate deeply with customers. In September 2022 alone we saw more than 49 million unique monthly transacting users in the US. We’re consistently a top 10 app overall and have held the number one finance spot in the US App Store for the past three years. We see more engagement on social media on a given day than most brands see in a year. Moreover, we’re building an ecosystem that redefines the world’s relationship with money and offers hope beyond the traditional, broken financial system.
The UK is the first market Cash App has launched outside of the US. In the UK we are a top 10 finance app and we want to get to number 1. To achieve this we are looking for a Product Data Scientist to join our Global Markets team and help build Cash App, the fastest growing financial app in the world, globally. We derive valuable insights from our extremely unique data sets and turn those into actions that improve the experience for our customers every day.
This role reports to the Data Science Lead for Global and will be based out of London.
As a PDS at Cash App you will:
- Analyze large datasets using SQL and scripting languages to surface meaningful/actionable insights and opportunities to the product team and other key stakeholders
- Approach problems from first principles, using a variety of statistical and mathematical modeling techniques to research and understand customer behavior
- Work in collaborative team environments including Product, Marketing, Engineering, Design and Research
- Design and execute experiments, publish in-depth and trustworthy result readouts of the new product feature launches and actionable recommendations on continuous product improvements
- Build, forecast, and report on metrics that drive strategy and facilitate decision making for key business initiatives
- Write code to effectively process, cleanse, and combine data sources in unique and useful ways, often resulting in curated ETL datasets that are easily used by the broader team
- Build and share data visualizations and self-serve dashboards for your product team
- Effectively communicate your work with team leads and cross-functional stakeholders on a regular basis
- Intellectual curiosity and a passion for what Cash App is building
- An appreciation for the connection between your work and the experience it delivers to customers
- 3+ years of data science and analytics experience in the industry
- Fluency with data, analytics, and visualization technologies (we use SQL (Snowflake), Python and Tableau).
- Experience with cohort and funnel analyses, a deep understanding of statistical concepts such as selection bias, probability distributions, and conditional probabilities
Technologies we use and teach:
- SQL (MySQL, Snowflake, BigQuery, etc.)
- Python (Pandas, Numpy)
- Tableau, Airflow, Looker
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, based solely on the core competencies required of the role at hand, and without regard to any legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.