Compliance Programme Manager
Today, Cash App has thousands of employees working globally across office and remote locations, with a culture geared toward innovation, collaboration and impact. We’ve been a distributed team since day one, and many of our roles can be done remotely from the countries where Cash App operates. No matter the location, we tailor our experience to ensure our employees are creative, productive, and happy.
Check out our locations, benefits, and more at cash.app/careers!
Our mission is to make banking and financial services accessible to the underserved and unbanked by developing an outstanding compliance programme to help grow the Cash App UK business while protecting the broader financial ecosystem and the Company. We are seeking a Compliance Programme Manager to support the continued build out of Cash App's Compliance Programme in the UK, and help ensure we are fulfilling all regulatory and partner obligations. You will manage multiple touch points, which include running daily operations with the compliance teams based in the US and driving priority initiatives on the compliance roadmap. You will collaborate with compliance operational teams and other relevant partners to ensure our programme complies with all applicable laws and regulations in the UK. You will demonstrate excellent project management, regulatory, process and systems design, data analytics, and documentation abilities.
- Evaluate current operational processes to ensure compliance with applicable UK laws, regulations and industry best practices
- Develop processes to identify risks and implement actions to address them
- Help develop Sanctions and AML/CTF operational procedures for our products and features
- Design and implement training, management information, reporting, and escalations management
- Help execute process improvements and procedure updates for the compliance operational teams
- Draft and maintain relevant documentation and content for changes to the programme in accordance with regulatory updates, new products, and overall Compliance team policies and procedures
- Oversee the end-to-end implementation of each operational change and communicate progress to leadership and all relevant partners
- Stay informed of regulatory developments, industry trends and Cash App's roadmaps to drive decisions
- 5+ years as a Project or Programme Manager with direct experience in AML/CTF compliance and Sanctions
- Experience working with PSRs, EMRs, UK Data Protection Act, Wire Transfer Regulations, PSD2
- A metrics-driven approach to create substantiated solutions
- Knowledge in Sanctions or AML/CTF regulations, risks and typologies
- Experience in project management, from kick off to completed deliverables
- Superb organizational skills with the ability to manage competing priorities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, constantly evolving environment, and operate both independently and with team members of all levels
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, based solely on the core competencies required of the role at hand, and without regard to any legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.