Regional Workplace Lead
Block is seeking an experienced Regional Workplace Experience Lead with demonstrated experience in managing people and Workplaces in a quickly growing environment. You will have a deep understanding of our values, culture, and a proven ability to develop and scale programs with operational prowess.
- Directly manage Workplace Experience Managers within the region providing guidance, coaching, and building best in class teams to support Block.
- Ensure all office locations within region are operating efficiently, consistently and to Block workplace standards
- Partner with Design & Construction PM's to ensure office projects are adequately executed, staffed and managed when expansions occur within region
- Work with Workplace Experience Managers to build relationships with local team, site leads and be the single point of contact for in region escalations resolve conflict if/when necessary, be the first point of escalation
- Feed any Headcount info to our Real Estate Planning team and flag any potential growth concerns
- Assist Workplace Experience Managers & Facilities teams with team moves
- Responsible for regional budget monthly reconciliation and working with the Strategy team to develop the annual financial plan for each region
- Interfaces with program leads (D&C, Facilities, Culinary, Events, RE) to ensure productive ongoing interdepartmental relationships, coaches and trains XMs to do the same
- Meet all Landlords within region and be the escalation path if/when issues arise
- Responsible for building localized programs that connect Blocks with each other and their communities
- Work with XM's to create inspiring, engaging, and purposeful experiences that contribute back to our Square seller ecosystem and company purpose of economic empowerment.
- Oversee the successful execution of team events "onsites" and activities planned in offices.
- Oversee the successful implementation of our workplace experience program while contributing back to the global strategy
- 5+ years of workplace manager experience, regional management experience a plus
- Experienced people manager (over various locations a plus)
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal, to management and team members
- Strong presentation skills
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, based solely on the core competencies required of the role at hand, and without regard to any legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.