Global Senior Intercompany Accountant
The Corporate Accounting team is an important part of our month-end close process and global expansion. Block is hiring a Global Senior Intercompany Accountant who will play an important role on our growing team. You will report into a senior manager on our Corporate Accounting team. You will analyze and resolve complex problems, and have the opportunity to lead projects with multiple teams that are directly aligned with our goals. We're looking for an accountant who is invigorated by our values, not just someone who can check off all the boxes.
- Work with the Intercompany Accounting Lead to establish a stellar intercompany accounting function.
- Help implement and build an intercompany transaction subledger that will be used across all finance teams (Accounting, Tax, Treasury, etc.).
- Prepare month-end journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations, and supporting schedules.
- Perform month-end Currency Translation Adjustment and Foreign Exchange Analysis and present findings to senior leadership.
- Collaborate with multiple departments to understand variances in intercompany and ensure variances are within the acceptable threshold.
- Partner with the Consolidation team to ensure the books are closed promptly.
- Support the closing of the intercompany subledger and receivable/payable reconciliations.
- Book capitalization entries and maintain historic rates for our Investment in Subsidiary and Paid in Capital Accounts.
- Continuously improve business processes, systems, and documentation as part of SOX readiness and testing.
- Support quarterly reviews and annual audits performed by external auditors.
- Participate in special projects and ad hoc analyses.
- 5+ years of industry experience
- Previous experience working in audit or intercompany accounting, and foreign exchange
- Industry knowledge and interest in technology
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $114,200 - USD $139,600
Zone B: USD $106,200 - USD $129,800
Zone C: USD $97,100 - USD $118,700
Zone D: USD $85,700 - USD $104,700
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Benefits include the following:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D. and disability benefits
- Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
This role is also eligible to participate in Block's equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies, and may be eligible for a sign-on bonus. Sales roles may be eligible to participate in a commission plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies. Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.