Senior HR Business Partner
Today, Cash App has thousands of employees working globally across office and remote locations, with a culture geared toward innovation, collaboration and impact. We’ve been a distributed team since day one, and many of our roles can be done remotely from the countries where Cash App operates. No matter the location, we tailor our experience to ensure our employees are creative, productive, and happy.
Check out our locations, benefits, and more at cash.app/careers!
Our HR Business Partners (HRBP) support specific teams, working with management and employees on people-related issues: talent management, employee relations, coaching, compensation, conflict and performance management, organizational development and more. HRBPs are instrumental in initiating and driving HR programs within specific functions.
We're looking for a Senior HRBP to guide people and programs across Cash. You are one who is interested in making a significant impact in one of the most valued and visible groups in the company and excels with extraordinary desire to change. You will work with business leaders to provide hands-on and strategic input, insight, and advice concerning employee relations, performance management, coaching, compensation, conflict management, organizational development, training and more. You're comfortable speaking up and driving programs forward despite any unexpected roadblocks.
- Partner with senior leaders globally to develop and implement HR policies to support the strategic growth of the business
- Provide HR expertise in feedback, performance management, employee relations and coaching, and organizational development
- Offer expertise regarding organizational and people-related strategy
- Collaborate with HR team to advocate for and accelerate a culture in which people feel engaged and inspired to deliver top results
- Develop people strategies and design approaches for diagnosing and enhancing organizational effectiveness and employee satisfaction
- Lead core HR processes (eg, performance calibration, compensation cycle, promotions)
- Analyze different types of employee reports (eg, compensation, job levels, and attrition) to guide decision-making and provide proactive solutions to client groups
- Partner with HRBP and Learning & Programs colleagues to work on value-added programs in areas of training, development, career mobility and job performance
- Minimum 7 years of experience in an HR Generalist or HRBP role
- Relevant experience building and improving company culture and increasing employee engagement, and expertise in performance management
- Effective coaching and facilitation skills and ability to influence colleagues at all levels
- Knowledge of HR programs, including applicable state and federal employment laws and regulations
- [Preferred] Experience strategic partnering with business leaders on multi-year company or company-wide people projects
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $167,300 - USD $204,500
Zone B: USD $155,600 - USD $190,200
Zone C: USD $147,200 - USD $180,000
Zone D: USD $138,900 - USD $169,700
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Benefits include the following:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D. and disability benefits
- Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
This role is also eligible to participate in Block's equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies, and may be eligible for a sign-on bonus. Sales roles may be eligible to participate in a commission plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies. Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.