Systems Program Manager
Today, Cash App has thousands of employees working globally across office and remote locations, with a culture geared toward innovation, collaboration and impact. We’ve been a distributed team since day one, and many of our roles can be done remotely from the countries where Cash App operates. No matter the location, we tailor our experience to ensure our employees are creative, productive, and happy.
Check out our locations, benefits, and more at cash.app/careers!
- Lead and manage the work of a cross functional, matrixed team of ~12 ICs skilled in data analytics, workforce management, and Salesforce dedicated to our Risk Operations team.
- Accountable for leading, roadmapping, prioritizing, and holding the team accountable for the day to day IS response to requests from our RO team, with a focus on ensuring timeliness and quality.
- Identify areas of opportunity and risk to the broader operations and leadership team, implementing process improvement and targeted programs to address problem areas
- Build strong relationships and collaborate deeply with peers and partners to stay in alignment with existing standards, processes, architecture, and objectives. Surface impacts of changes, and influence alternatives when necessary to better align actions to objectives.
- Provide reports on the status of queues, trends, resource and capacity management on a daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, and yearly basis. Recommend actions to leadership based on data. Compare target forecasts and assumptions against actual performance, and make recommendations to close any gaps.
- Engender trust in the data through transparency and consistently accurate reporting and forecasts.
- In partnership with solid line IC Lead, provide growth and professional development opportunities for team members. Contribute to talent reviews and provide regular feedback to the team members, as well as their solid line lead.
- Manage conflict independently and with a minimum of disruption, soliciting diverse opinions and settling conflicts and misalignments equitably.
- Manage a high degree of complexity. Develop effective plans to reduce complexity by researching and identifying the root cause of issues, and creating sustainable going forward processes.
- Anticipate changes that could affect the team's work or staffing and make recommendations to mitigate any risk.
- Ensure all documentation is current, including training materials in accordance with technical writing standards
- Experience: 3+ years working in a cross-functional technical leadership role in a complex, customer service organization
- Experience with financial and disputes reporting
- Experience managing JIRA backlogs and leaning in on projects to ensure objectives, timelines, and deliverables are met.
- Traits: Quality decision making skills, problem-solving, and comfortable with ambiguity. Ability to manage cross functional initiatives with sometimes neutral or unaligned stakeholders. Excellent interpersonal skills and communications skills
- Abilities: Ability to work both independently and as a team to provide solutions to complex problems. Nimble with frequently changing priorities. Ensures continued talent development.
- Tools: Experience with JIRA, enterprise class reporting and forecasting tools, and Salesforce or other CRM tooling.
- School: 4-year college degree with a major in an analytical or technical field or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $167,300 - USD $204,500
Zone B: USD $155,600 - USD $190,200
Zone C: USD $147,200 - USD $180,000
Zone D: USD $138,900 - USD $169,700
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Benefits include the following:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D. and disability benefits
- Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
This role is also eligible to participate in Block's equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies, and may be eligible for a sign-on bonus. Sales roles may be eligible to participate in a commission plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies. Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.