Internal Audit Technology Manager/ Senior Manager- Bank-Square Financial Services
Block is one company built from many blocks, all united by the same purpose of economic empowerment. The blocks that form our foundational teams — People, Finance, Counsel, Hardware, Information Security, Platform Infrastructure Engineering, and more — provide support and guidance at the corporate level. They work across business groups and around the globe, spanning time zones and disciplines to develop inclusive People policies, forecast finances, give legal counsel, safeguard systems, nurture new initiatives, and more. Every challenge creates possibilities, and we need different perspectives to see them all. Bring yours to Block.
Square Financial Services, Inc. (the "Bank" or "SFS") was approved for an industrial bank charter by the Utah Department of Financial Services ("UDFI") and deposit insurance from the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation ("FDIC") in March 2020. The Bank opened in March 2021 as a Utah corporation and has since been delivering on Block's mission of economic empowerment by helping small business owners and underserved communities across the United States. SFS is focused on providing lending service to small businesses on a nationwide basis. SFS also offers small business savings accounts and may also seek to raise FDIC insured deposits nationwide.
As the Internal Audit Technology Manager or Internal Audit Technology Senior Manager, you will report to the Bank's Internal Audit Technology Lead. You are willing to be in the weeds of detailed testing and also contribute to the end-to-end audit from planning, testing, to delivering audit reports. You enjoy solving problems and provide a strategic point of view.
- You will support the team in scoping and executing risk-based technology audits (including information security and cybersecurity) and be responsible for testing of IT General Controls (ITGCs) and IT Automated controls (ITACs) over the Bank's in-house production systems and third-party hosted applications.
- You will manage all phases of the audit including design assessment, operating effectiveness testing, identifying deficiencies, and working with Bank Management (including Engineering) on remediation efforts.
- You have deep experience performing end-to-end technology audits and an understanding of different frameworks (including ISO 27000 series, FFIEC IT Examination Handbooks, COSO, COBIT, and NIST).
- You can identify potential issues along with strategic solutions to the Bank's Internal Audit Technology Lead and other members of our internal audit team. You have experience with financial, regulatory, operational risks and controls across the business and how they affect the technology audit program.
- You will work with our co-source partner and review and coach our extended team. You can work with stakeholders across the Bank t
- 6+ years of relevant experience in technology audits.
- CIA/CPA or CISA/CISSP qualification(s) is required.
- Experience designing and performing IT General Controls and IT Automated Controls.
- Experience with auditing of cloud solutions including AWS.
- Experience working in a regulated banking environment is preferred.
- Experience with third party SaaS and PaaS providers and the business and technology risks associated with these products.
- Willingness to work with teams to solve complex technology and business problems.
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $125,600 - USD $153,600
Zone B: USD $116,800 - USD $142,800
Zone C: USD $110,500 - USD $135,100
Zone D: USD $100,500 - USD $122,900
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Benefits include the following:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D. and disability benefits
- Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
This role is also eligible to participate in Block's equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies, and may be eligible for a sign-on bonus. Sales roles may be eligible to participate in a commission plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies. Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.