Digital Production Designer, Square Staff Creative
Since we first opened our doors in 2009, the world of commerce has evolved immensely – and so has Square. After enabling anyone to take a payment and never miss a sale, we saw sellers stymied by disparate, outmoded products and tools that wouldn’t work together. So we expanded into software and started building integrated, omnichannel solutions – to help sellers sell online, manage inventory, run a busy kitchen, book appointments, engage loyal buyers, and hire and pay staff. And across it all, we’ve embedded financial services tools at the point of sale, so merchants can access a business loan and manage their cash flow all in one place.
Today, we’re a partner to sellers of all sizes – large, enterprise-scale businesses with complex commerce operations, sellers just starting out, as well as merchants who began selling with Square and have grown larger over time. As our sellers scale, so do our solutions. We all grow together.
There is a massive opportunity in front of us. We’re building a business that is big, meaningful, and lasting. And we are helping sellers around the world do the same.
We're looking for a mission-oriented Production Designer to join our diverse creative team. You'll help deliver a Square Staff workforce management suite: Labour Management, Payroll, and Team Communications. As a Production Designer, you apply your technical skills, eye, and creativity to implement design across several of Square's digital marketing channels to support the creative team. Our team's mission is to tell the best possible stories about our products and ecosystem so that our sellers and their employees can excel.You deliver production work, including building digital assets, imaging and slicing images, and localising assets and webpages for global markets. You collaborate with teammates with diverse teams to clarify requirements, goals, and timelines. You design new work within Square's visual language.
You will learn and uphold our brand guidelines – keeping an eye on the small stuff. You'll work quickly on overlapping projects, large and small, of varying priority, all the while finding new efficiencies. You will report to the Creative Director.
- Prepare and deliver image assets for web, email, paid marketing, blog, social, and other digital communication channels in both static and motion
- Adapt imagery and localise assets for international markets
- Build pages and enter content within a website content management system (Contentful)
- Work within and advocate for the production constraints of each channel. Identify new constraints we hadn't understood before.
- Establish processes in collaboration with your teammates and advocate for constraints within production work while being open for alternative solutions.
- Build working files inside a collaborative file structure.
- Adopt new tools and practices as the work evolves.
- Share (and document) your knowledge and perspective with your peers.
- Manage work tasks using Smart Sheets, Slack, Google Docs.
- Technical skills related to producing a broad range of design deliverables inclusive of motion and static.
- Experience building, editing, and optimising pixel and vector graphics (Photoshop, Figma, Illustrator).
- Working knowledge of Adobe After Effects or Lottie
- 3+ years of work experience in a creative role/environment.
- An eagerness to try (and adopt) new applications and working methods.
- Experience building assets for multiple languages/locales.
- Animation experience (JSON, Adobe Animate, Flash).
- Print production experience (e.g. InDesign)
- Design experience
- Experience working with a CMS, Markdown, HTML, and CSS.
- Experience in project management, traffic, or asset management.
Technologies we use and teach:
- Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator)
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.