Product Marketing Manager, Payroll & HR Services
To solve this problem, we expanded into software and built integrated solutions to help sellers sell online, manage inventory, book appointments, engage loyal buyers, and hire and pay staff. Across it all, we’ve embedded financial services tools at the point of sale, so merchants can access a business loan and manage their cash flow in one place. Afterpay furthers our goal to provide omnichannel tools that unlock meaningful value and growth, enabling sellers to capture the next generation shopper, increase order sizes, and compete at a larger scale.
Today, we are a partner to sellers of all sizes – large, enterprise-scale businesses with complex operations, sellers just starting, as well as merchants who began selling with Square and have grown larger over time. As our sellers grow, so do our solutions. There is a massive opportunity in front of us. We’re building a significant, meaningful, and lasting business, and we are helping sellers worldwide do the same.
We are looking for a strategic, results-driven individual to join as a Product Marketing Manager focused on building the future of Square Payroll and our suite of payroll, benefits and HR tools for businesses. As a Square Payroll & HR GTM PMM, you will partner with cross-functional teams to bring a new HR services product to market and deliver valuable features & related GTM updates that enhance sellers’ experiences with our tools.
The ideal candidate will have a solid understanding of product strategy, funnel optimization, and marketing execution. We are looking for someone who has experience across the full acquisition funnel and product lifecycle, and is an excellent cross-functional collaborator. Reporting to the Payroll PMM Lead, the GTM PMM will play a pivotal role in defining and driving marketing strategies to grow Payroll’s subscriber base in new and existing markets.
- Lead an end-to-end strategy and GTM launch of a new product, ensuring all customer-facing teams are on-message and maximizing each channel
- Partner closely with Product Management, Design, Data Science and Engineering to influence product strategy and feature roadmaps
- Be an expert in product positioning, value propositions, and foundational messaging to be used in product development and marketing campaigns
- Develop and implement data-driven lifecycle marketing strategies to promote product growth and retention
- Collaborate with Sales Enablement to create and measure product marketing assets such as best-in-class playbooks, content, and tools that communicate product value and capabilities, so our teams can sell with confidence and ease
- 5+ years of experience in product marketing, growth or lifecycle marketing in consumer or SMB tech
- Experience working closely with product management, engineering, analytics and design to scale products
- Proven success in growth and lifecycle marketing via email, in-product, content marketing, and other owned channels
- Ability to strategically plan and execute go-to-market initiatives to drive product awareness and usage amongst priority audiences
- Ample experience working with and influencing cross-functional partners (marketing design, copywriting and web)
- Familiarity with marketing automation, A/B testing and analytics tools
- Genuine interest in and curiosity in helping small businesses succeed
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $152,100 - USD $185,900
Zone B: USD $141,500 - USD $172,900
Zone C: USD $133,800 - USD $163,600
Zone D: USD $121,700 - USD $148,700
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Benefits include the following:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D. and disability benefits
- Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
This role is also eligible to participate in Block's equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies, and may be eligible for a sign-on bonus. Sales roles may be eligible to participate in a commission plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies. Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.