UX Research Operations Coordinator
- Alternate Location: Los Angeles, United States
Since we opened our doors in 2009, the world of commerce has evolved immensely, and so has Square. After enabling anyone to take payments and never miss a sale, we saw sellers stymied by disparate, outmoded products and tools that wouldn’t work together.
To solve this problem, we expanded into software and built integrated solutions to help sellers sell online, manage inventory, book appointments, engage loyal buyers, and hire and pay staff. Across it all, we’ve embedded financial services tools at the point of sale, so merchants can access a business loan and manage their cash flow in one place. Afterpay furthers our goal to provide omnichannel tools that unlock meaningful value and growth, enabling sellers to capture the next generation shopper, increase order sizes, and compete at a larger scale.
Today, we are a partner to sellers of all sizes – large, enterprise-scale businesses with complex operations, sellers just starting, as well as merchants who began selling with Square and have grown larger over time. As our sellers grow, so do our solutions. There is a massive opportunity in front of us. We’re building a significant, meaningful, and lasting business, and we are helping sellers worldwide do the same.
We are looking for a passionate UX Research Coordinator to join the Appointments & Conversations teams at Square. The Appointments team within Square focuses on designing simple, yet powerful solutions for the vertical of service-based businesses that rely on scheduling and selling their time (e.g. salons, spas, fitness studios). The Conversations team at Square enables communication between buyers and sellers through Square Messages - a hub from which they can text, email, and transact with buyers, all within their Square account and with the support of Square Assistant.
You'll report to the UX Research Lead for Appointments & Conversations and join our growing research team. You will help scale and broaden the impact of our research efforts by supporting both ongoing projects and overarching operations. This foundational role will also establish and support the ideal participant experience, connecting Square with the sellers we serve.
- Develop a successful operating model for how research and partners source and recruit participants for research projects.
- Screen candidates for availability, interest, and appropriate qualifications.
- Coordinate study logistics, which could include scheduling participants, distributing surveys, managing fieldwork, and handling incentives.
- Escalate risks when plans shift, proactively manage expectations, and suggest solutions to help the team address any changes that arise
- Improve and standardize research processes, including tools, templates, procedures, and schedules.
- Become familiar with online research platforms and project management tools used by our team to best support research projects - eventually being a primary contact for questions or assistance
- Support our work with all vendors and research tools, including procurement and new vendor onboarding
- Ensure research insights are widely communicated and accessible throughout the team and the organization
- 3+ years of experience in research operations, logistics roles (e.g. project manager), or a similar role.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and can quickly establish an easy rapport with anyone and everyone.
- A strength in being efficient, organized, and managing research processes (or similar) from beginning to end.
- Direct experience working with market or UX researchers
- Working knowledge of online research platforms, customer relationship management software, and collaboration tools (e.g. User Interviews, Dscout, Dovetail)
- Personal connection to small businesses or the beauty or fitness industry
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $103,900 - USD $126,900
Zone B: USD $96,600 - USD $118,000
Zone C: USD $88,300 - USD $107,900
Zone D: USD $77,900 - USD $95,300
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Benefits include the following:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D. and disability benefits
- Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
This role is also eligible to participate in Block's equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies, and may be eligible for a sign-on bonus. Sales roles may be eligible to participate in a commission plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies. Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.