Hardware Engineering Program Manager
Our goal is economic empowerment -- starting with bringing easy-to-use, reliable mining and self-custody to a global audience. We're assembling a team deeply experienced in an extremely wide range of disciplines, including business, operations, design, software, hardware, security, and so many other aspects of product delivery. Come build the future of crypto-enabling hardware with us!
The BTC Hardware team is looking for a full time Hardware Engineering Program Manager to join our growing team. This individual will have the opportunity to utilize strong program management experience to take ownership of NPI engineering activities, driving our BTC hardware products from concept, through development and ultimately into production. They will partner with a variety of cross functional team members as necessary to ensure a high quality, robust design.
- Manage development and delivery of our mining hardware across all hardware engineering functions and phases from architecture definition through launch (includes managing builds with our partners)
- Anticipate challenges to the cost, schedule, and quality of our product - and lead the project team to formulate and implement appropriate solutions (includes managing testing for reliability, regulatory and manufacturing)
- Rely on your breadth and depth of experience to evaluate and take principled risks to achieve better system-level outcomes. Lead the team to determine appropriate risk mitigations
- Communicate development schedule, status, risks and options to senior hardware organization and company leadership
- Drive critical program decision-making in areas of significant ambiguity. Identify and manage trade-offs across teams
- Own hardware readiness at every point of the program including engineering changes or improvements in the sustaining phase(s) of the product
- 7+ years of experience developing and shipping complex hardware products
- Experience in all phases of new hardware design and development from architecture definition through shipping at volume, and for extremely complex or new product areas
- Experience establishing operations at contract manufacturers from scratch in partnership with Factory Operations and Business Operations teams
- Experience managing all facets of NPI engineering and transition to production readiness with deep understanding of the inter-dependencies between all disciplines.
- Experience working with Product Managers, Packaging and Marketing teams with ability to understand their requirements alongside product technical requirements.
- Experience integrating complex software and security work-streams into a hardware program
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $138,200 - USD $169,000
Zone B: USD $131,300 - USD $160,500
Zone C: USD $124,400 - USD $152,000
Zone D: USD $117,500 - USD $143,700
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Benefits include the following:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D. and disability benefits
- Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
This role is also eligible to participate in Block's equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies, and may be eligible for a sign-on bonus. Sales roles may be eligible to participate in a commission plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies. Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.