Product Lead, Shopping
Today, Cash App has thousands of employees working globally across office and remote locations, with a culture geared toward innovation, collaboration and impact. We’ve been a distributed team since day one, and many of our roles can be done remotely from the countries where Cash App operates. No matter the location, we tailor our experience to ensure our employees are creative, productive, and happy.
Check out our locations, benefits, and more at cash.app/careers!
We’re looking for a truly exceptional product leader to take our Cash App Shopping product from 0 to 1. This means distilling what truly matters in early stages, setting creative and clear strategy around Cash App Shopping’s differentiation relative to other shopping experiences out there. Crafting an inspiring roadmap and leading a large talented team to build cutting edge Shopping products that drive more and more of the 50M active Cash App customers to start their shopping journey within Cash App.
This role will be critical in driving customer adoption, customer engagement (first time and on-going), retention, and revenue. To accomplish this, you will work directly with your team as well as cross-functionally with colleagues in Design, Engineering, Marketing, Operations, Support, and more. You will work with our executive leadership team and business leaders to hone and deliver on this critical strategy. If you're looking to impact the growth and direction of a company, you will find this role compelling, challenging, and rewarding.
- Develop innovative and industry leading products that uniquely serve Cash App and Afterpay customers and differentiate our products from competitors
- Drive the tactics and delivery timelines for the work required to drive growth
- Inspire your cross-functional peers in order to build a strong partnership in delivering excellent products and services
- Influence key stakeholders throughout Cash App and Block broadly in order to align resources and prioritization
- 10+ years of product management or equivalent experience
- Strong customer empathy and experience shaping product direction and execution based on customer needs
- Experience managing a high performing team that consistently delivers
- Incredible business sense and comfort with ambiguity
- Experience managing and integrating a diversity of partners and processes into a cohesive product
- Experience driving initiatives that require deeper data analysis (DAU/MAU/LTV are terms and measurements you are drawn to) as well as working through seams and removing friction
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $202,500 - USD $247,500
Zone B: USD $192,400 - USD $235,200
Zone C: USD $182,300 - USD $222,800
Zone D: USD $172,200 - USD $210,400
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Benefits include the following:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D. and disability benefits
- Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
This role is also eligible to participate in Block's equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies, and may be eligible for a sign-on bonus. Sales roles may be eligible to participate in a commission plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies. Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.