Associate Product Marketing Manager, Square Point of Sale
- Alternate Location: Chicago, United States
To solve this problem, we expanded into software and built integrated solutions to help sellers sell online, manage inventory, book appointments, engage loyal buyers, and hire and pay staff. Across it all, we’ve embedded financial services tools at the point of sale, so merchants can access a business loan and manage their cash flow in one place. Afterpay furthers our goal to provide omnichannel tools that unlock meaningful value and growth, enabling sellers to capture the next generation shopper, increase order sizes, and compete at a larger scale.
Today, we are a partner to sellers of all sizes – large, enterprise-scale businesses with complex operations, sellers just starting, as well as merchants who began selling with Square and have grown larger over time. As our sellers grow, so do our solutions. There is a massive opportunity in front of us. We’re building a significant, meaningful, and lasting business, and we are helping sellers worldwide do the same.
We are looking for a creative, organized, and results-oriented individual to join the Point of Sale organization as an Associate Product Marketing Manager, specializing in end-to-end marketing experimentation and GTM campaigns (research, setup, instrumentation, coordination, and reporting). You will work on Square's flagship payment products (Square Point of Sale and WebPOS) and partner with Product Marketing Managers to achieve the team's marketing objectives and drive growth for the business. You will have a strong emphasis on seller discovery and the creation and execution of emails, in-product messaging, sales enablement material, and foundational assets. Additionally, you will have opportunities to support product development and launches.
Your success in this role means you can design, launch and analyze marketing campaigns to drive business goals and engagement across Square Point of Sale and WebPOS. You will report to the Product Marketing Lead, SPOS.
- Partner closely with product marketing managers (PMMs) to develop acquisition and lifecycle marketing campaigns, as well as identify goals and key performance indicators for programs
- Lead implementation of email, in-product, and web campaigns, including message creation, set up of audiences, and tracking and reporting using a variety of marketing platforms and reporting tools
- Monitor campaign setup/uptime and failed sends, and troubleshoot campaigns with central tooling, analytics and campaign operations team
- Analyze campaign metrics, report on KPIs, and present optimization recommendations to the product marketing team
- Ensure timely completion of all project milestones while keeping all involved teams informed on campaign status and blockers
- Liaison with central teams who provide our Martech tools and provide feedback to drive improvements to tools/processes
- Lead project management of select campaigns and product launches, and collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders including Creative, Marketing Operations, and Sales Enablement.
- A BA/BS degree
- 2+ years of professional or related marketing experience, either in campaign development, marketing operations, or marketing analytics
- Experience working with cross-functional teams
- Experience with marketing automation platforms (Iterable, Marketo, Hubspot or related), testing platforms (Optimizely, Visual Website Optimizer, Bounce Exchange, etc), and/or analytics tools (Looker, Amplitude, Google Analytics, Adobe Site Catalyst, etc) a plus
- Strong proficiency with excel or Google Sheets; basic competency in SQL a plus
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $103,900 - USD $126,900
Zone B: USD $96,600 - USD $118,000
Zone C: USD $88,300 - USD $107,900
Zone D: USD $77,900 - USD $95,300
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Benefits include the following:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D. and disability benefits
- Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
This role is also eligible to participate in Block's equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies, and may be eligible for a sign-on bonus. Sales roles may be eligible to participate in a commission plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies. Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.