We are looking for a Finance Manager to join our Afterpay Finance team! Reporting directly to the Group Financial Controller this role is responsible for managing the Afterpay group accounting team and process; to ensure accuracy of the monthly group results and the quarterly and full year end close processes.
- Lead the business integration process for financial accounting
- Support the ERP integration process
- Lead finance process documentation and workflow improvements
- Assist the current finance manager to lead the month end and quarter end close process.
- Review the Afterpay group capex wages, capex and marketing accruals
- Support the quarterly, full financial year end process and SOX reporting by leading external/internal audit team with onsite procedures
- Help prepare statutory accounts under IFRS and USGAAP reporting, the quarterly Australian Bureau of Statics surveys and compliance
- Provide guidance to financial accounting teams around technical, commercial and operational issues
- Support our accountants and review their workings for completeness and accuracy, when needed.
- Support regions with their accounting questions, changes, journal corrections or headcount coverage
- Work with the product team for new initiatives to ensure appropriate finance operation, compliance and accounting consideration
- Work with the Block corporate accounting and Afterpay regional accounting teams to identify and improve opportunities to create operational efficiencies
- Manage key financial communications associated with business project work and initiatives
- You are CA or CPA qualified; with 8+ years experience within Financial Accounting
- Have exceptionally strong financial reporting and analytical skills
- You have prior experience working in multinational, SOX reporting, within an agile and ever changing landscape.
- You have the ability to coach and mentor team members, you can drive results in a positive and inspiring way
- You can form strong stakeholder relationships across all levels; both remotely and in person!
- You enjoy finding new solutions, including making changes to internal accounting processes.
- You thrive on providing exceptional customer service, ensuring all stakeholder needs are exceeded
- Comfortable managing conflicting priorities in an agile, fast paced environment
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, based solely on the core competencies required of the role at hand, and without regard to any legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.