Program Manager - Finance & Strategy
- Alternate Location: San Francisco, United States
We are looking for a Finance & Strategy Program Manager that will support cross-functional finance transformation programs. You will be working on critical transformation initiatives to empower the Finance & Strategy function to leverage best in class tools & analytics and unlock process efficiencies to provide our business partners with timely and valuable insights.
You will report to the F&S Portfolio Manager and drive the planning and delivery of the F&S portfolio from vision to launch. This role will sit in the F&S organization but will be closely collaborating with the Business Advisory & Technology (BA&T) organization. Ideal team members have a proven track record of delivering cross-functional, scalable programs, with meticulous attention to detail and problem-solving skills that can be applied to any challenge, task, or opportunity.
This role will primarily be responsible for project management activities with an expectation to also execute on improvement initiatives within the F&S organization. The ideal candidate will therefore have a strong understanding of financial planning and reporting processes, best practices and the latest applications of related tools & technologies. The role will require excellent organizational and communication skills and be highly collaborative with cross functional partners, with the expectation that this individual will serve as a key partner at the intersection of finance and technology.
- Build key relationships across F&S and other functional organizations across Block
- Be responsible for high-impact, cross-functional initiatives
- Drive alignment, communication, and execution between stakeholders such as F&S, accounting, finance business systems, enterprise engineering
- Proactively manage risks, issues, and decisions to improve delivery predictability
- Manage programs from inception to closure, including resource allocation, scope/schedule/budget management to ensure successful delivery
- Manage communication of progress/status with executives and other project partners
- Lead with curiosity and a commitment to continuous process improvement
- 5+ years of management consulting including project management experience
- Experience working on multidisciplinary finance transformation projects implementing finance / accounting, planning / forecasting, or reporting solutions
- Hands-on experience deriving and maintaining RACI matrices or other methods to clarify project roles and responsibilities
- Solid understanding of SDLC
- Experience and comfort in managing project teams that are fully remote
- Hands-on experience leading projects using Jira for Agile delivery management
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills with the ability to work with technical and non-technical, cross-functional groups
- Exposure to project-focused executive-level Steering Committee meetings
- An ability to distill complex issues into solvable and actionable tasks
- A passion for pushing boundaries and questioning the status quo
- Experience using Google Suite, SmartSheets or Asana
- Familiarity with user enablement / change management
- Experience with BI tools including Tableau and Looker is a plus
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $152,100 - USD $185,900
Zone B: USD $141,500 - USD $172,900
Zone C: USD $133,800 - USD $163,600
Zone D: USD $121,700 - USD $148,700
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Benefits include the following:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D. and disability benefits
- Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
This role is also eligible to participate in Block's equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies, and may be eligible for a sign-on bonus. Sales roles may be eligible to participate in a commission plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies. Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.