- Alternate Location: Chicago, United States
We are looking for a Senior Accountant, reporting to TIDAL's Accounting Lead, who will have responsibility for the daily operations of our global operating expense accounting process. You will bring a solid accounting background, and a fresh perspective. You will play an important part in TIDAL's success, working directly with business and finance leaders, and will have opportunities to grow with the Accounting team as we scale.
- Manage global operating expense and accruals processes as well as payroll accounting and Tidal's new products as they roll out
- Oversee the work of several members of our business process outsourcing team in India
- Assist in annual group and statutory audit work and related filings
- Perform monthly, quarterly, and annual close activities, partnering with Finance and Operations to ensure accuracy of results and balances:
- Prepare / review journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations and supporting analyses
- Perform flux analyses and present findings to the Head of Accounting and other senior leadership
- Work cross-functionally with Finance, Legal and Operations to drive important initiatives and improvements including automation of accounting entries and processes as part of system upgrades
- Support quarterly reviews, annual audits and other local financial compliance requirements in relevant territories, including preparation of workpapers and memos
- Foster change in the organization through participation in special projects / analyses and process improvement programs, including enhancing documentation as part of SOX readiness and testing
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting with CPA (or CPA eligibility)
- 4+ years' experience in Accounting roles, with a mix of public accounting and private company experience
- Audit experience preferred
- Strong project management skills
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills (can perform complex functions and handle large volumes of data)
- Effective at writing and presenting analyses for a variety of partners / users
- Experience with Oracle and Hyperion or other ERP systems and reporting tools a plus
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $114,200 - USD $139,600
Zone B: USD $106,200 - USD $129,800
Zone C: USD $97,100 - USD $118,700
Zone D: USD $85,700 - USD $104,700
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Benefits include the following:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D. and disability benefits
- Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
This role is also eligible to participate in Block's equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies, and may be eligible for a sign-on bonus. Sales roles may be eligible to participate in a commission plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies. Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.