Senior Product Designer, Square Marketing
- Alternate Location: Scottsdale, United States
Since we opened our doors in 2009, the world of commerce has evolved immensely, and so has Square. After enabling anyone to take payments and never miss a sale, we saw sellers stymied by disparate, outmoded products and tools that wouldn’t work together.
To solve this problem, we expanded into software and built integrated solutions to help sellers sell online, manage inventory, book appointments, engage loyal buyers, and hire and pay staff. Across it all, we’ve embedded financial services tools at the point of sale, so merchants can access a business loan and manage their cash flow in one place. Afterpay furthers our goal to provide omnichannel tools that unlock meaningful value and growth, enabling sellers to capture the next generation shopper, increase order sizes, and compete at a larger scale.
Today, we are a partner to sellers of all sizes – large, enterprise-scale businesses with complex operations, sellers just starting, as well as merchants who began selling with Square and have grown larger over time. As our sellers grow, so do our solutions. There is a massive opportunity in front of us. We’re building a significant, meaningful, and lasting business, and we are helping sellers worldwide do the same.
Square Marketing helps sellers manage and grow their customer relationships, increase sales and brand equity, and helps sellers save time with robust, personalized, and integrated Email and Text Message Marketing solutions. As a Senior Product Designer at Square, you will collaborate closely with designers, engineers, product managers, data scientists, and other cross-functional team members to directly influence and oversee the product and roadmap. This role is unique since you will not only be supporting sellers, but will also directly design and champion the buyer experience; everything from what the buyers see in their inbox to how they enroll in a seller’s Marketing program. You will also partner with product teams across Square to drive product vision and execution of work.
This position is remote from the US or Canada.
- Drive large-scale efforts and vision work with your cross-functional partners that contribute to a larger, long-term plan
- Propose and participate in usability research and interviews
- Advocate for both the seller and customer experiences
- Communicate your ideas/work to your direct team and more broadly across Square
- Seek opportunities to improve your processes and skills as well as share those learnings with your immediate team and partners
- Influence design practices and team rituals within a fully remote team
- 8+ years of professional design experience
- Experience effectively collaborating and maintaining relationships with a range of partners
- The ability to articulate high-level team goals and connect your work to larger team or company initiatives
- You form ideas and present them to your team to determine strategy and roadmaps
- You can question and work with your leadership peers and bring conversations to next steps
- You are seen as a mentor for other designers and provide feedback to improve their work
- You can use your years of experience and domain expertise to quickly move projects forward, establishing principles and conducting research
- You can promote the vision for the product and achieve it through design explorations, documentation, and presentations
- You can use existing design systems and standards and work to improve/adapt them for your team’s needs
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $202,500 - USD $247,500
Zone B: USD $192,400 - USD $235,200
Zone C: USD $182,300 - USD $222,800
Zone D: USD $172,200 - USD $210,400
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Benefits include the following:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D. and disability benefits
- Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
This role is also eligible to participate in Block's equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies, and may be eligible for a sign-on bonus. Sales roles may be eligible to participate in a commission plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies. Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.