Engineering Manager, Continuous Delivery
As the Engineering Manager of the Block Cloud Continuous Delivery (CD) team you will be responsible for developing and operating critical foundational services for all developers at Block. The Cloud CD team accelerates software development by building and supporting a continuous delivery system for compute environments in the cloud. The challenges ahead for Block are focused on cloud adoption, growth, platform usability and international expansion. You will manage a team of approximately 5 software engineers designing Block’s Continuous Delivery architecture solving for lifecycle management, scalability, performance, observability and developer enablement.
- Lead a group of solid, self-driven engineers, by hiring exceptional talent, coaching and developing your team, cultivating pragmatic engineering decision-making.
- Leveraging your technical expertise to constantly raise the bar.
- Work closely with TPMs, Product and internal stakeholders to build a cloud platform that supports our Engineering requirements and accelerates our business.
- Experience building and operating SOX and PCI compliant compute platforms.
- Own the success of your team's projects to deliver quantifiable results in a timely manner.
- Be a representative of Block in our engagements with Cloud Providers and vendors.
- Participate in M&A processes.
- 6+ years of experience in software development
- 3+ years experience in building and managing a team of software engineers.
- Solid understanding of software development life cycles and best practices.
- Solid understanding Linux, Containers, Docker and Kubernetes
- Solid understanding of Amazon Web Services (AWS) infrastructure, including architectures and tooling.
- Successful track record of delivering complex projects with tight deadlines and constraints.
- Excellent communication, organizational, and leadership skills; ability to inspire team members.
Even better if you have:
- Experience with Cloud migrations
- Experience with AWS infrastructure like native container orchestration or Lambda
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code tools
- Experience with Golang
If you have a passion for the intersection between commerce and technology, and you enjoy the challenge of leading and mentoring engineers, then we want to work with you!
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $222,800 - USD $272,300
Zone B: USD $211,600 - USD $258,600
Zone C: USD $200,500 - USD $245,100
Zone D: USD $189,400 - USD $231,400
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Benefits include the following:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D. and disability benefits
- Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
This role is also eligible to participate in Block's equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies, and may be eligible for a sign-on bonus. Sales roles may be eligible to participate in a commission plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies. Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.