Experiential Operations Manager, Lifestyle
Today, Cash App has thousands of employees working globally across office and remote locations, with a culture geared toward innovation, collaboration and impact. We’ve been a distributed team since day one, and many of our roles can be done remotely from the countries where Cash App operates. No matter the location, we tailor our experience to ensure our employees are creative, productive, and happy.
Check out our locations, benefits, and more at cash.app/careers!
We are seeking an experienced retail operations professional to support our brand team in New York City. As the Experiential Operations Manager, you have a deep understanding and ability to train and lead a diverse service team. You will be responsible for leading the development of retail operational processes, ensuring that the environmental, operational and experiential aspects of the space run flawlessly and drive increased brand affinity and trust. You will be charged with operating multiple experiential touch points, while ensuring highly engaging and on-brand customer engagements. You take pride in making spaces both beautiful and functional, have an experience-first mindset, and know how important the smallest details are to making an environment great.
- Manage the facilitation of all operational processes as they relate to both front of house and back of house, customer experience and employee job functions.
- Collaborate with Cash Brand + Design leads in the development of long-term goals and operational plans.
- Set strategic and programmatic goals for operational efficiency for brand retail experiences.
- Work with project managers in the development of efficient financial and budgetary plans, as well as resource allocation.
- Manage financial analyses related to business performance/metrics/P&L analysis, investment and budget allocation, payroll, among other topics.
- Develop, implement, and monitor day-to-day operational systems, technology and processes that support various touch points.
- Hire, train and manage a best-in-class retail team, ensuring that they are brand appropriate.
- Uphold brand standards and ensure all staff are following policy and procedure.
- Work with third party vendors to maintain a clear schedule for staffing coverage of all aspects of brand retail experiences.
- Plan, monitor, and analyze key metrics for the day-to-day performance of the operations to ensure efficient and timely completion of tasks.
- Track and provide visibility into goals, progress, and obstacles for our key initiatives.
- Build and maintain relationships with all department heads, external partners, and vendors to make decisions regarding operational activity and strategic goals.
- Devise strategies to ensure growth of programs enterprise-wide, identifying and implementing process improvements that will maximize output of brand retail experiences.
- 7+ years in regional leadership experience or equivalent
- Leads with excellence in hospitality, managing and responding directly to customer experience and feedback
- Strong leadership profile, ability to identify concerns, provide appropriate solutions
- Proven experience in working in a dynamic and ever changing business landscape
- Demonstrated ability to balance multiple priorities while maintaining clear communication and high detail orientation
- Demonstrated experience managing a variety of retail operations including staffing, operations and merchandising
- Strong relationship-building skills and experience working closely with cross-functional partners to influence and operationalize key strategic initiatives
- Ability to think strategically, define business opportunities, collect, interpret, and analyze abstract information and create strategic value-added solutions
- Demonstrated experience of cross-divisional partnership and collaboration to lead in a matrixed environment
- Experience and proven success in motivating a team to deliver differentiated customer experiences and solve customer issues
- Successful fostering and working as part of a diverse and inclusive team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong budget management and operational skills
- Strong sense of urgency and excellent follow through
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $114,200 - USD $139,600
Zone B: USD $106,200 - USD $129,800
Zone C: USD $97,100 - USD $118,700
Zone D: USD $85,700 - USD $104,700
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Benefits include the following:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D. and disability benefits
- Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
This role is also eligible to participate in Block's equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies, and may be eligible for a sign-on bonus. Sales roles may be eligible to participate in a commission plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies. Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.