Software Developer, Platform Convergence
In 2018 Square acquired Weebly (now referred to as ECOM), with the goal of giving sellers one cohesive solution to start or grow an omnichannel business. Following this acquisition we placed our primary focus on deeply integrating these platforms, but the needs of the world shifted in 2020, requiring that both Square and our sellers double down on their online presence. This meant that we needed to meet the moment, to deliver functionality rapidly in response to the needs of our sellers.
We stepped up and committed to delivering the tools they needed to succeed online, placing our plans for deeper integrations on pause. We focused and we delivered but now it is time to accelerate our pursuit for a remarkably integrated suite of services that empower our sellers to more easily manage and grow their business.
We call this initiative “Platform Convergence”, this is your moment, will you take on this challenge?
The Platform Convergence team is looking for passionate software engineers to join us in making this vision a reality.
- Work closely with our partner teams across Square to ensure Square Online connects more seamlessly with Square’s platform.
- Drive Square Online to consume ecosystem level primitives for core components.
- Maintain the high levels of reliability and accuracy our sellers and buyers have come to expect when they entrust Square with their financial and business information
- 2+ years of full-stack software development experience and an excellent command of engineering fundamentals
- Empathy for your customers and colleagues
- Eagerness to share your own ideas, and openness to those of others
- Eagerness to be a technical representative for the team’s systems and guide the technical direction of the team to ensure success
- Experience with successfully delivering projects, including coordination, planning, risk management, design, development, testing, rollout and maintenance
Technologies we use and teach:
- PHP (Laravel)
- MySQL, Redis, Elasticsearch, PostgreSQL, Memcached
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.