Acquirer Operations Manager
To solve this problem, we expanded into software and built integrated solutions to help sellers sell online, manage inventory, book appointments, engage loyal buyers, and hire and pay staff. Across it all, we’ve embedded financial services tools at the point of sale, so merchants can access a business loan and manage their cash flow in one place. Afterpay furthers our goal to provide omnichannel tools that unlock meaningful value and growth, enabling sellers to capture the next generation shopper, increase order sizes, and compete at a larger scale.
Today, we are a partner to sellers of all sizes – large, enterprise-scale businesses with complex operations, sellers just starting, as well as merchants who began selling with Square and have grown larger over time. As our sellers grow, so do our solutions. There is a massive opportunity in front of us. We’re building a significant, meaningful, and lasting business, and we are helping sellers worldwide do the same.
The Industry Relations & Operations (IRO) team manages all the partnerships and operations involved in the payments supply chain for our global footprint. From developing strategy and infrastructure to working with external partners, we find the best ways to move money across different networks and countries in a way that is cost-effective, available, scalable, secure and forward-looking. As Acquirer Operations Manager, you will play a key role in IRO’s continued commitment to supply chain resilience. You will manage payment operations across Square’s existing network gateways in the U.S. and internationally and work cross functionally to enable connections in new markets. In addition, you will collaborate with Risk, Compliance, Engineering, Product, Reconciliation teams and other internal partners to problem solve, innovate and implement new products that help create smooth payment experiences.
- Own and manage day to day payment operations across network gateways in the U.S. and internationally
- Collaborate and work cross functionally with Risk, Compliance, Engineering, Product, and Reconciliation teams to identify required technical tasks and resolve operational issues
- Provide strategic and operational guidance as we work to enable connections in new markets
- Work with payment industry partners and suppliers to scope and implement new features that strengthen our processing infrastructure
- Translate technical changes to internal stakeholders to ensure compliance with upcoming network release requirements
- 8+ years of experience in the payments industry at either a bank, acquirer, fintech, or card network
- Industry knowledge: you understand network rules, interchange, the PSP business model, connectivity, data exchange and key performance indicators related to payment processing. You have a high level understanding of technical payment specifications (such as ISO 8583) and the ability to translate business needs into technical requirements
- Collaborative skills: you are a strong communicator that works well with internal and external partners to influence priorities
- Leadership qualities: you set priorities based on strategic vision and achieve alignment with team members and cross-functional partners
- Results-oriented mindset: you have a bias toward action and are comfortable driving projects forward through ambiguity
- Dexterity and appetite to straddle roles as a program manager, relationship manager, problem solver, troubleshooter and analytics manager, examining technical issues and thoughtfully working to resolve them
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $152,100 - USD $185,900
Zone B: USD $141,500 - USD $172,900
Zone C: USD $133,800 - USD $163,600
Zone D: USD $121,700 - USD $148,700
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Benefits include the following:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D. and disability benefits
- Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
This role is also eligible to participate in Block's equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies, and may be eligible for a sign-on bonus. Sales roles may be eligible to participate in a commission plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies. Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.