Disputes Specialist, Cash App
Today, Cash App has thousands of employees working globally across office and remote locations, with a culture geared toward innovation, collaboration and impact. We’ve been a distributed team since day one, and many of our roles can be done remotely from the countries where Cash App operates. No matter the location, we tailor our experience to ensure our employees are creative, productive, and happy.
Check out our locations, benefits, and more at cash.app/careers!
Cash App knows that great customer support is provided by both people and products. We are seeking a highly motivated and resourceful individual dedicated to providing world-class support by exceeding expectations through each interaction with Cash App customers.
In this role, you will work with customers to assist them through challenging risk experiences, a critical moment for Cash App and our customers. You will educate customers on risk issues and actions centered around Cash App transactions with a primary focus on high-risk transactions. You will be empowered to assist customers by leveraging strong de-escalation skills and leaning on high-performing team members to ensure correct decisions are made and our customers feel supported.
Risk Operations services Cash App and its customers from onboarding, through real-time transaction monitoring, to dispute processing and also maintain internal and external relationships with key service providers.
- Researching and filing Card Disputes
- Challenging Peer to Peer Disputes
- Reconciliation of Card Disputes
- Fraudulent ACH research and filing
- Responding via email to all customer dispute inquiries
- Expectations of 50-60 Customer Cases resolved a day
- Cases addressed within 10 business day SLA for all queues
- Maintaining all cases to be challenged are 3 days out or more
- Weekly Quality Assurance maintaining or exceeding 90%
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Assist Cash App customers and internal partner teams with risk related inquiries, including customer on-boarding, account reviews, fraudulent and other high-risk activity, account takeovers, and disputes
- Conduct customer due diligence (CDD) and enhanced due diligence (EDD) to ensure authenticity, completeness, and accuracy of information and documentation provided by customer
- General knowledge of banking and alternative payment channel operating rules
- Investigate dispute claims and ensure compliance with Regulation E with respect to the timeframes that govern disputed transactions
- Understand charge-offs involving fraudulent activity and provide resolution to prevent future cases
- Investigate fraud notifications to protect the institution from high-risk activity related losses and improve customer experience
- Collaborate and escalate complex cases with team members for guidance/assistance as appropriate
- Respond promptly and exercise exceptional communication skills in an effort to optimize each contact
- Effectively manage cases and communication using Salesforce Service Cloud
- Utilize strong de-escalation skills to assist customers in need
- Meet or exceed established service level agreements and guidelines
- Establish and ensure compliance with departmental standards and processes to increase production and accommodate work volumes toward enhanced customer satisfaction
- Understand bank operations, industry trends & best practices, and the rules and regulations that drive the fintech industry
- Financial services or banking industry experience
- The ability to quickly adapt to new situations and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Superb attention to detail
- Excellent time-management skills
- A desire for self-improvement of skills through direct leadership and peer feedback
- A passion for engaging with Cash App customers and being a Voice of the Customer
- Strong analytical, organizational, written and verbal communication skills
- Must be flexible with schedule and have the ability to work non-traditional shifts, including evenings and weekends, as well as some holidays based on business needs.
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on the candidate's work location and may be may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $32.55
Zone B: USD $30.25
Zone C: USD $26.35
Zone D: USD $24.40
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Benefits include the following:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D. and disability benefits
- Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
This role is also eligible to participate in Block's equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies, and may be eligible for a sign-on bonus. Sales roles may be eligible to participate in a commission plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies. Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.