Product Marketing Intern, Payments (Summer 2023 - Dublin, Ireland)
Square builds common business tools in unconventional ways so more people can start, run, and grow their businesses. When Square started, it was difficult and expensive (or just plain impossible) for some businesses to take credit cards. Square made credit card payments possible for all by turning a mobile phone into a credit card reader. Since then Square has been building an entire business toolkit of both hardware and software products including Square POS, Square Appointments, Square Stand and more. We’re working to find new and better ways to help businesses succeed on their own terms—and we’re looking for people like you to help shape tomorrow at Square.
As a Product Marketing Intern, you will be supporting the EU/UK Product Marketing- Payments team, working on Square’s flagship payments solutions and have an opportunity to drive impact for the millions of small businesses utilizing our platform to start, run and grow their business. Square Payments helps sellers to never miss a sale, by enabling them to accept payments quickly, reliably and securely both on the counter and on the go.
The ideal candidate is an energetic self-starter, motivated to dive in and learn by doing. They are creative, organized and results-oriented and have strong communication skills. They put the customer first and can ramp up quickly, partner well with cross-functional teams, and work efficiently and effectively against goals. This role has a European focus, so working across multiple markets should be of interest to them.
This role is based out of our EU HQ in Dublin. We support remote working within the Republic of Ireland.
The Product Marketing team at Square ensures that the right customers are getting the right message, through the right channels and represents the customer's voice in product strategy decisions. This role will focus on executing and optimizing successful marketing campaigns through multiple channels such as email, in-product messaging, and sales enablement, where you will be responsible for the design, launch and analysis of these campaigns. You will understand product strategy, growth marketing, A/B testing, positioning and messaging and be excited and motivated about putting it into practice. As well as supporting us in growth and marketing campaigns to grow our product, you will also be comfortable with reporting and data analytics and supporting the team in analyzing product performance and developing growth strategies. You will report to The Payments Product Marketing Lead, based in Dublin, who oversees EU and UK growth, and can work from our Ireland office, or from home anywhere in Ireland.
- Design, launch and analyze marketing campaigns on different channels including email, in-app, and other owned channels
- Work with your direct cross-functional team to successfully execute marketing campaigns
- Work closely with the Data Science team to report on marketing the marketing campaigns, effectiveness, and business impact.
- Actively test and optimize campaigns and experiments to improve performance.
- Troubleshoot issues with campaigns in a timely manner.
- Support the PMM team in growth experimentation projects, including A/B testing, helping track and report on results
- Build experience and expertise in multiple areas including Go To Market (GTM) execution, customer research, and internal tools/reporting
- Develop a skillset for customer segmentation and defining Ideal Customer Profile(s) ICP’s
- Conduct competitor research and market size assessment across all EU geographies to give us a better understanding of our customers and competitors
- Develop questions to understand the why behind initiatives and to prioritize projects
- Contribute insights and data to inform product and GTM strategies
- Assists in GTM planning for marketing programs
- Help create useful materials that inform and enable cross-functional partners of upcoming campaigns.
- Provide accurate summary of work and status when prompted
- Participate and supports the organization of PMM initiatives (e.g. events, new tool adoption, research)
- Product expert, testing Square’s products and its features with a view to being able to identify glitches and working issues and communicate issues clearly to the relevant teams.
- Availability for a full-time 9-12 month remote internship
- Upcoming graduation date between December 2023 and August 2025 and are completing a Bachelor's or Master's degree or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of product marketing, growth or lifecycle marketing, or similar go-to-market strategies
- Basic project management skills to track campaign deliverables
- Experience of how you work well defined on problems with no ambiguity
- Self-starter, able to work well under pressure and contribute in problem solving
- Strong written and oral communication skills to best communicate with internal and cross functional teams
- Passion for Square and desire to help Square Sellers in EU succeed
- Experience driving work forward independently
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- The ability to work with EU-based sellers/Square team members and global Square colleagues located in various time zones in the US (email, video meetings, in person)
- Fluency in English; French or Spanish language is not mandatory, but a bonus.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, based solely on the core competencies required of the role at hand, and without regard to any legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.