Industry Relations & Operations, Alternative Payments and Product Enablement Manager
To solve this problem, we expanded into software and built integrated solutions to help sellers sell online, manage inventory, book appointments, engage loyal buyers, and hire and pay staff. Across it all, we’ve embedded financial services tools at the point of sale, so merchants can access a business loan and manage their cash flow in one place. Afterpay furthers our goal to provide omnichannel tools that unlock meaningful value and growth, enabling sellers to capture the next generation shopper, increase order sizes, and compete at a larger scale.
Today, we are a partner to sellers of all sizes – large, enterprise-scale businesses with complex operations, sellers just starting, as well as merchants who began selling with Square and have grown larger over time. As our sellers grow, so do our solutions. There is a massive opportunity in front of us. We’re building a significant, meaningful, and lasting business, and we are helping sellers worldwide do the same.
The Payments team manages Square's flagship product, making it possible for any seller to easily take payments. Our product drives awareness of the Square brand, is Square's first touch-point with most of our sellers, and fuels the economics of the broader Square ecosystem. The payments landscape and digital commerce is changing, and our sellers have evolving needs and expectations. As an Industry Relations and Operations, Alternative Payments and Product Enablement Manager, you will develop and manage relationships with alternative payment methods and ecosystem partners to promote Square's product strategy and provide new capabilities to our customers. From leading strategic relationships and managing commercial agreements, to driving cross-functional program management, to partnering with product, industry relations, operations, engineering, legal, risk, compliance, finance and global country teams, your role will help Square grow and adapt to the dynamic payments landscape.
- Build and manage strategic relationships with alternative payment method providers and networks
- Lead the entire partnership lifecycle from discovery, commercial negotiations, contracting, launch and ongoing relationship management
- Lead management for Square's strategic industry programs, including the partner engagements required to promote new products and capabilities
- Maximize current partnerships through detailed account management, working with partners to define, iterate and enable new programs and products, as well as optimize Square’s cost structure for payments and create product flexibility
- Expand our partner and product footprint globally, accelerating the distribution of both new and existing Square offerings, including new acceptance methods and devices
- Understand Square's competitive position via in-depth competitor and partner research, and implement programs to further payments products, services and strategic objectives
- Partner with Counsel, Developers, Finance, Hardware, Marketing, Partnerships, Product, Sales and external businesses, vendors and industry leaders to better develop Square's go-to market delivery and strategy
- Identify and assess new partnership opportunities, making recommendations to stakeholders
- 5+ years of experience in product, consulting, partnerships, business development or similar roles with solid understanding of the payments industry and its current evolution, both in the US and international markets.
- Experience in commercial negotiations across multiple levels of partners internally and externally
- Lead cross-functional projects and work at all levels with diverse roles including engineers, business partners and executive leadership.
- Experience with analysis of nascent payment industry movements.
- The ability to make arguments supporting Square's position shown through relationship building, presentation, and negotiation.
- The successful candidate will have a demonstrated ability to deal with ambiguity; think strategically and analytically about business, product, and technical challenges.
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $152,100 - USD $185,900
Zone B: USD $141,500 - USD $172,900
Zone C: USD $133,800 - USD $163,600
Zone D: USD $121,700 - USD $148,700
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Benefits include the following:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D. and disability benefits
- Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
This role is also eligible to participate in Block's equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies, and may be eligible for a sign-on bonus. Sales roles may be eligible to participate in a commission plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies. Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.