Senior Software Engineer, Cash Compliance Engineering (Full Stack)
- Alternate Location: New York, United States
Today, Cash App has thousands of employees working globally across office and remote locations, with a culture geared toward innovation, collaboration and impact. We’ve been a distributed team since day one, and many of our roles can be done remotely from the countries where Cash App operates. No matter the location, we tailor our experience to ensure our employees are creative, productive, and happy.
Check out our locations, benefits, and more at cash.app/careers!
The Cash Compliance Engineering team builds systems which analyze and act on billions of dollars in blockchain, person to person, and merchant transactions across the globe to find and stop criminal activity. We design solutions and ship code with the customer-centric focus of a product organization, serving Square Compliance's financial crimes operations. Uncovering and preventing activities like money laundering, human trafficking, and all manner of criminal fraud before they impact our users and upend their lives is a part of Cash App's mission to bring economic empowerment to all.
- Create amazing data exploration and criminal case management tools for Square's Compliance organization.
- Write and deploy code across all of Cash App's ever-evolving architecture.
- Work with Cash App feature teams and support launches by building tooling to expose misuse by bad actors.
- Develop and support our tools as products, with a focus on elegant solutions, usability, and our customer needs.
- Build our own platform of services and data pipelines, architected for scale, and designed to anticipate the future.
- Worked on distributed systems where data consistency and availability at scale is required.
- Passionate about working on Fintech, blockchain, machine learning, and data science products.
- Some experience building front-ends for the products you have built.
- An iterative approach to identifying MVPs and shipping.
Technologies we use and teach:
- Event-driven and microservice architectures
- Kotlin, Modern Java (11+), Ruby
- Sharded and unsharded MySQL at scale, key-value stores like Redis, your garden variety of NoSQL wide-column databases
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $167,300 - USD $204,500
Zone B: USD $158,900 - USD $194,300
Zone C: USD $150,600 - USD $184,000
Zone D: USD $142,200 - USD $173,800
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Benefits include the following:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D. and disability benefits
- Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
This role is also eligible to participate in Block's equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies, and may be eligible for a sign-on bonus. Sales roles may be eligible to participate in a commission plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies. Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.