- Alternate Location: Seattle, United States
The stock administrator will be a key member to assist in leading and scaling Block's stock administration function as the Company grows globally. This position is remote with its headquarters based in Oakland, California. The successful candidate will be responsible for hands-on, end-to-end administration of the Company's equity plans (including equity grants, option exercises, broker transactions, cancellations and withholding tax calculations), in the U.S. and globally. You will report to our Global Head of Stock Administration.
- Administer the company's stock plans for all employees in the U.S. and globally, working closely with the company's transfer agent and outside service providers
- Prepare, maintain transaction details, file SEC forms 3, 4 and 5
- Provide a superior level of service and prioritizing and satisfying multiple requests from employees, management and others supporting employee understanding of stock plan services, enrollment and transactions.
- Assist efforts to develop and scale the stock administration function, including evaluating stock plan services and software providers, implement best practices with controls, and automate routine work streams and paperwork processes to better enable efficient, accurate processing of stock administration matters and reports.
- Partner effectively and proactively with human resources, legal, tax, payroll and accounting to implement equity compensation initiatives/matters.
- Maintain recordkeeping of our equity data using Equity Edge Online and Computershare.
- Prepare equity reports and assist in the review and reconciliation of equity information.
- Maintain supporting documents for audit and support data requests.
- Perform other duties and ad hoc requests as needed.
- 8+ years of relevant experience in administration of global equity plans (Prefer a CEP designation - program underway or completed).
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in a related field.
- Strong working knowledge of equity plans and several equity types; experience working directly with major third-party equity software systems and brokerage firms.
- Ability to function in a confidential environment.
- Must have strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication and problem-solving skills; ability to communicate effectively with high-level executives and employees.
- Must demonstrate attention to detail, analytical abilities and consistent follow-through, including project management skills.
- Proven ability to partner with cross-functional teams, including legal, HR, tax, payroll, accounting and financial reporting.
- Passion for Block. Strong interest in technology / knowledge of the industry.
- Self-motivated, flexible, and have a attention to detail, and able to complete tasks with minimal supervision.
- Team-oriented, dependable and flexible with high work ethic; able to maintain strict confidentiality and data privacy.
- Collaborative and build strong cross functional working relationships with Payroll, Legal, People and the Accounting teams.
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $152,100 - USD $185,900
Zone B: USD $141,500 - USD $172,900
Zone C: USD $133,800 - USD $163,600
Zone D: USD $121,700 - USD $148,700
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Benefits include the following:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D. and disability benefits
- Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
This role is also eligible to participate in Block's equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies, and may be eligible for a sign-on bonus. Sales roles may be eligible to participate in a commission plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies. Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.