Technical Community Manager
TBD is building a platform and protocols that enable developers — from startups to established financial institutions — to more easily create solutions in the decentralized financial space that further economic empowerment globally. TBD’s vision is a decentralized future that returns ownership and control over finances, data, and identity to individuals. We invite the world to join us in creating and adopting open and decentralized technologies that solve real problems for real people. You will be an essential contributor as we deliver this mission.
We build platforms and protocols to advance the state of decentralized technologies, and we're doing it all in the open!
We know the best innovations on the web were born in public. They've been built with a diverse online community that is willing to question how the internet can better connect us.
As a Technical Community Manager, your job will be to grow and foster one of the most important young communities in the world - the builders of the decentralized web.
We’re gaining momentum with our open source projects, and the development community has begun to form around this initiative. We are in need of someone who can manage this community and help make their experience a pleasant one.
You’ll report to TBD’s Head of Developer Relations.
- Monitor communication channels (Discord, Discourse, social media) and interact with community members to answer questions, direct them to educational resources, and collect feedback.
- Filter and summarize community feedback into weekly reports
- Route pertinent information and discussions to Engineering and Product teams
- Organize Discord server into manageable channels that are easy to navigate
- Solicit feedback on a regular basis via polls, surveys, and other effective means
- Provide regular updates to the community via established communication channels, public meetings, newsletters, etc
- Design and implement programs that recognize and engage our community members
- Develop programs to attract new community members
- 3-5 years of building and nurturing managing developer communities. Bonus for open source communities.
- High-level understanding of technical concepts such that you can communicate with software developers about our projects
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Commitment to building an open, diverse, and inclusive developer community
- Awareness of community management software platforms
- Ability to measure community engagement and report impact
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $125,600 - USD $167,500
Zone B: USD $119,300 - USD $145,900
Zone C: USD $113,000 - USD $138,200
Zone D: USD $106,800 - USD $130,600
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Benefits include the following:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D. and disability benefits
- Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
This role is also eligible to participate in Block's equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies, and may be eligible for a sign-on bonus. Sales roles may be eligible to participate in a commission plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies. Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.