Motion Designer, Demand Generation Program
To solve this problem, we expanded into software and built integrated solutions to help sellers sell online, manage inventory, book appointments, engage loyal buyers, and hire and pay staff. Across it all, we’ve embedded financial services tools at the point of sale, so merchants can access a business loan and manage their cash flow in one place. Afterpay furthers our goal to provide omnichannel tools that unlock meaningful value and growth, enabling sellers to capture the next generation shopper, increase order sizes, and compete at a larger scale.
Today, we are a partner to sellers of all sizes – large, enterprise-scale businesses with complex operations, sellers just starting, as well as merchants who began selling with Square and have grown larger over time. As our sellers grow, so do our solutions. There is a massive opportunity in front of us. We’re building a significant, meaningful, and lasting business, and we are helping sellers worldwide do the same.
The Demand Generation team is looking for an experienced motion designer with a creative eye, logistical mind, and the ability to build videos at volume. We create performance marketing content for all our products and software, and creative testing has been an awesome and powerful lever as we welcome sellers big and small to the Square community. We are working to create hundreds of assets every quarter with this program.
Each video we create for the Demand Gen Program includes product shots with UI being front and center. Our program follows very specific motion + brand guidelines, you will work within those parameters when doing all work. In 2023, we are scaling up our video output with the goal of guiding growth across all Square customer markets.
The team is looking for an experienced motion graphics designer who can make any shot work. You understand the principles of animation, are a rotoscope and composite magician, and can work with volume at speed. You specialize in working with UI, working with screens and graphics and building those elements into videos. You're a no-nonsense motion graphics specialist, who's down to get busy and have a little fun in between. You like the creative challenge of ideating rigs and systems to automate animations and templates. You will join a growing internal post production team as we transition all post production efforts in-house. Your days will include collaborating with our Post Producers, 2D Motion Lead, and other post production artists to work on performance marketing assets at volume. You will report to the Video Post Production Lead.
- Rotoscop footage for screen placement
- Composite UI into footage
- Be thoughtful about detail and showcase high levels of accuracy and consistency
- Collaborate with the Post Producer, Associate Post Producer and other in-house Post Production Artists throughout the post-production process
- Partner with 2D Motion Lead to build motion templates within After Effects, by building rigs utilizing expressions and master properties.
- 4+ years experience as an advanced Motion Graphics Artist in Entertainment/Marketing.
- Knowledge of Adobe Suite, specifically After Effects and plugins like Mocha AE.
- Sense of typography, color theory, layout, and the fundamentals of graphic design.
- Experience with the principles of animation
- Experience rigging with expressions in AE
- Experience working with master properties in AE
- Experience with 3D animation pipeline
- Social media experience - Formatting for 1x1, 9x16, 4x5 for IG, FB, Twitter, and TikTok
- Experience with Slack and Google Suite
- Experience working on performance marketing
- Light color experience
- Experience working in or for ad agencies or post production studios
- Comfortable working in programs such as Cinema 4D and Mocha for light animation work
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $114,200 - USD $139,600
Zone B: USD $106,200 - USD $129,800
Zone C: USD $97,100 - USD $118,700
Zone D: USD $85,700 - USD $104,700
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Benefits include the following:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D. and disability benefits
- Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
This role is also eligible to participate in Block's equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies, and may be eligible for a sign-on bonus. Sales roles may be eligible to participate in a commission plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies. Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.