Finance & Strategy Manager, Cash App
- Alternate Location: New York, United States
We are looking for a Finance & Strategy Manager to join the Cash App Corporate Finance group and help build Cash App, the fastest-growing financial app globally. The Corporate Finance team manages the financial trends of the business, including the annual financial plan, regular forecast, and outlook processes, while helping form capital allocation decisions across our business and providing analytical support to Cash App Senior Management. Our team’s core value is trust – we build it by making what is complex simple, and we do so with accurate and digestible analysis. You will be an important contributor to the strategic decision-making processes by helping scale our investment in Cash Customer Operations and Cash Compliance as well as providing analytical support to our corporate investment strategy.
- Work in collaboration with the Customer Operations and Compliance teams to develop investment frameworks, establish and refine performance metrics, and help make strategic decisions that maximize return on investment
- Develop complex financial models using KPIs, and work with business partners to improve forecast accuracy
- Partner with Block finance teams to provide analytical support on investment needs
- Support the financial planning process for your key business partners; including building/maintaining operating and financial models, and managing investment budgets for teams to ensure they have resource allocations to invest properly behind key initiatives
- Report and analyze business results and communicate key takeaways to senior stakeholders, including identifying opportunities or risks
- 5+ years of experience, with excellent modeling and business partnership skills, which includes 2+ years experience in an operating role within strategic finance, FP&A, Corporate Finance, consulting, investment banking, or similar field
- Excellent proficiency in financial modeling and Excel (you should be prepared for a case study)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to distill complex information appropriately for different audiences
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $152,100 - USD $185,900
Zone B: USD $141,500 - USD $172,900
Zone C: USD $133,800 - USD $163,600
Zone D: USD $121,700 - USD $148,700
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Benefits include the following:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D. and disability benefits
- Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
This role is also eligible to participate in Block's equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies, and may be eligible for a sign-on bonus. Sales roles may be eligible to participate in a commission plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies. Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.