Senior Software Engineer (Fullstack), Square POS
To solve this problem, we expanded into software and built integrated solutions to help sellers sell online, manage inventory, book appointments, engage loyal buyers, and hire and pay staff. Across it all, we’ve embedded financial services tools at the point of sale, so merchants can access a business loan and manage their cash flow in one place. Afterpay furthers our goal to provide omnichannel tools that unlock meaningful value and growth, enabling sellers to capture the next generation shopper, increase order sizes, and compete at a larger scale.
Today, we are a partner to sellers of all sizes – large, enterprise-scale businesses with complex operations, sellers just starting, as well as merchants who began selling with Square and have grown larger over time. As our sellers grow, so do our solutions. There is a massive opportunity in front of us. We’re building a significant, meaningful, and lasting business, and we are helping sellers worldwide do the same.
Square is looking for a senior full-stack software engineer to join our Release Engineering (RelEng) team. The RelEng team is a growing internal team that works with the Release Operation teams and development teams on designing, building, and improving the release systems for all Square Point of Sale, Cash mobile applications and SDKs You will report to the engineering lead and you will have direct impact in bringing Square's release systems to the next level of scale and availability.
- Take ownership of the release systems that Square developers use to create, test, and deploy our Point of Sale applications.
- Improve the user experience on the release systems from both front-end and back-end perspectives.
- Develop tools and scripts to automate the manual steps in the software development cycle and refine the release process.
- Maintain tools to integrate with 3rd party platforms and identify, triage, and link the application crashes to the owner teams.
- 5+ years of experience in Release Engineering/DevOps - CI/CD
- Experience with mobile ecosystems/mobile developer platforms
- Experience with scripting languages like Shell and/or Bash
- Experience with Jenkins, Git
- Experience managing complex dependencies with build tools such as Bazel, Maven, Gradle
- Experience with macOS or Linux environment
- Created and maintained automation pipelines
- Experience with tools like XCode, Android Studio, TestFlight
- Experience with code signing mobile applications for iOS, including code signing identities and provisioning profile
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, based solely on the core competencies required of the role at hand, and without regard to any legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.