Senior Product Manager, International
- Alternate Location: Melbourne, Australia
To solve this problem, we expanded into software and built integrated solutions to help sellers sell online, manage inventory, book appointments, engage loyal buyers, and hire and pay staff. Across it all, we’ve embedded financial services tools at the point of sale, so merchants can access a business loan and manage their cash flow in one place. Afterpay furthers our goal to provide omnichannel tools that unlock meaningful value and growth, enabling sellers to capture the next generation shopper, increase order sizes, and compete at a larger scale.
Today, we are a partner to sellers of all sizes – large, enterprise-scale businesses with complex operations, sellers just starting, as well as merchants who began selling with Square and have grown larger over time. As our sellers grow, so do our solutions. There is a massive opportunity in front of us. We’re building a significant, meaningful, and lasting business, and we are helping sellers worldwide do the same.
We are looking for a Senior Product Manager to join the International domain in Melbourne or Sydney; with a core focus on cross-border trade and foreign exchange (FX) services.
The cross-border business in Afterpay has been growing at a rapid rate of over 2x annually and our ambitions are to 10x the business in less than 3 years. It’s at an interesting juncture with the product-building momentum and new opportunities of scale on the horizon. It’s an exciting space that covers consumers as well as merchants from different geographies, cultures, and hence commerce behavior whether that’s shopping or selling. The cross-border team lives in this space creating experiences to further the vision of Afterpay being the global platform of choice where anyone can truly shop or sell anywhere.
- Develop a deep understanding of the cross border trade business, money movements, regulatory and competitive landscape as well as an empathetic knowledge of the merchants and consumers needs.
- Lead the product development work of a dedicated engineering and design team (e.g., ideation, scoping, product roadmap, sprint planning, prioritization, etc.).
- Identify significant opportunities, and drive product vision, strategies and roadmaps in the context of broader organizational goals and new market dynamics.
- Drive data informed decision-making and solution localization through user insights, market research, quantitative analysis and AB testing.
- Collaborate and build strong partnerships with your peers across Afterpay to solve challenging multi-disciplined problems that accompany building products for new markets.
- Influence key stakeholders throughout Afterpay in order to align resources and prioritization.
- Lead and motivate a team of engineers and other cross-functional stakeholders.
- 5+ years product management or related experience.
- Track record of impact - you've been in the trenches and have a proven track record of driving significant, company-wide impact
- "Customer obsession" product instinct with experience shaping product direction and execution based on customer needs paired with an ability to balance multiple users' needs and business impact.
- A humble and get-it-done mindset; you’re resourceful and in your element going from 0 to 1
- A hunger to tackle complicated and impactful product & business problems
- Experience driving complex, cross-functional product initiatives in a successful way
- Strong strategic thinking, problem solving, and logical structuring abilities
- Comfort with ambiguity; the ability to independently lay out and test clean hypotheses, and solve problems without well-defined direction
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, based solely on the core competencies required of the role at hand, and without regard to any legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.