Product Designer, Artist Platform, TIDAL
At TIDAL we focus on creating great products, services, and customer experiences. Product designers will bring ideas to the table, work with precision under tight timeframes, and translate product concepts and specifications into pixel perfect designs. The role needs to have an eye for elegance and simplicity, and should be driven by a mission to create the best user experience for millions of users worldwide.
We are looking for a senior-level Product Designer at TIDAL for our Artist Platform team. As part of this role, you will develop artist-facing experiences that help artists connect with their fans and manage their businesses. In addition to working closely with product management on documentation and customer needs exploration, you will serve as a key support unit for the Engineering team.
- Be thoroughly excited about immersing yourself in our customer’s (artists) challenges and needs
- Always think about how your work fits into the company’s full ecosystem during all phases of the design process
- Work on challenging, wide-reaching projects for your team with little guidance from your lead
- Effectively communicate your ideas and work to your direct team and other teams, both in writing and orally
- Create visual concepts with journey maps based on product specifications
- Build functional prototypes to validate your designs
- Help maintain visual and brand consistency between all products and outlets
- Produce pixel-perfect design with clear design specifications for our platforms
- Work together in a highly collaborative environment with Product Management, Development, and product marketing teams to determine the best implementation
- Support our Engineering teams during development stages
- Around 5 years of professional design experience
- A portfolio of work on which you were the primary designer, with moderate guidance from design leadership
- The ability to articulate high-level team goals and connect your work to larger team or company initiatives
- Experience with Figma
- Experience with prototyping tools
- Understanding of design principles and knowledge of different platforms
- Experience building design systems
- Open to, and believes in the importance of feedback
Please note, remote work is available from Germany, Norway, Spain, Poland, UK and Netherlands. In other cases relocation is needed to one of the mentioned countries.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, based solely on the core competencies required of the role at hand, and without regard to any legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.