Manager, International Strategic Account Management
To solve this problem, we expanded into software and built integrated solutions to help sellers sell online, manage inventory, book appointments, engage loyal buyers, and hire and pay staff. Across it all, we’ve embedded financial services tools at the point of sale, so merchants can access a business loan and manage their cash flow in one place. Afterpay furthers our goal to provide omnichannel tools that unlock meaningful value and growth, enabling sellers to capture the next generation shopper, increase order sizes, and compete at a larger scale.
Today, we are a partner to sellers of all sizes – large, enterprise-scale businesses with complex operations, sellers just starting, as well as merchants who began selling with Square and have grown larger over time. As our sellers grow, so do our solutions. There is a massive opportunity in front of us. We’re building a significant, meaningful, and lasting business, and we are helping sellers worldwide do the same.
The Strategic Go-to-Market organisation is looking for a customer-facing leader to manage our International Strategic Account Managers in Australia, Japan, Canada, and the UK. The team is focused on the retention and growth of Square's largest international sellers in each market.
Reporting into the Global Manager for Account Management you will support and continue to build a motivated team whose efforts will continue Square's journey up-market internationally. As Manager you will help develop processes and insights to grow the team today and influence program design for the future. You will also manage impactful cross-functional projects to drive success for Square in each of these markets.
In addition to lengthy experience as a successful individual contributor servicing mid-market or enterprise segment, you will have recent experience coaching and developing talent in international markets. You will also have experience leading projects, driving revenue growth, and advocating internally for customers. Stand-out candidates find their energy from coaching talent and generally feel comfortable operating in the unknown.
This role is based in Ireland and offers remote working opportunities.
- Lead a distributed team of four senior Account Managers, managing accounts (each with books of 40-50 accounts) within their region and across all verticals
- Consistently achieve positive revenue outcomes while maintaining a high return on investment
- Provide 1:1 coaching and performance management to your team members as well as developing account manager training programmes
- Serve as an escalation point for customer challenges
- Act as the primary upmarket international expert and engage with product, marketing, and enablement teams to serve as the customer voice for upmarket sellers
- Create operational efficiencies through stream-lined repeatable processes
- Foster cross-functional collaboration through beta programs, co-marketing, product insights and more
- Navigate time zone needs by keeping flexible work hours to accommodate APAC, Canada, and EMEA
- 5-6+ years total experience in Business Development, Sales or Account Management
- 2+ years experience directly managing metrics-driven customer-facing teams within a high-growth technology company
- 1+ years experience working with non-US accounts
- Experience identifying opportunities and independently developing plans of action on behalf of your team
- Excellent written communication for all audiences, including internal senior stakeholders
- Experience working cross-functionally with product teams to serve as the voice of the customer
- Experience serving as a direct senior escalation point for customers to diffuse challenges and identify mutual wins
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, based solely on the core competencies required of the role at hand, and without regard to any legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.