Machine Learning Engineer, CashApp
Today, Cash App has thousands of employees working globally across office and remote locations, with a culture geared toward innovation, collaboration and impact. We’ve been a distributed team since day one, and many of our roles can be done remotely from the countries where Cash App operates. No matter the location, we tailor our experience to ensure our employees are creative, productive, and happy.
Check out our locations, benefits, and more at cash.app/careers!
We’re looking for a senior engineer to join Cash App’s ML Inference team, which builds cutting edge machine learning infrastructure to redefine the world’s relationship with money. Cash ML uses our large and unique datasets to model, understand, and predict customer behavior to help optimize customer acquisition, engagement, retention, personalization, and more.
You’ll have the chance to work across the complete machine learning lifecycle, including feature extraction, model hosting, A/B testing, and training, weaving our efforts in these areas together into an elegant, unified, and scalable architecture used by modelers and engineers across Cash App. We are looking for someone who is hungry to create the development of large machine learning systems alongside talented modelers and engineers, as well as a strong architect who can create simple, reusable abstractions for performing complex machine learning tasks.
What you'll do:
- Design, build and maintain Machine Learning systems that power Cash’s ML inference stack: ranging from feature extraction to model hosting solutions.
- Work hand-in-hand with ML Modellers to identify and integrate new data sources, heuristics and models
- Solve challenging technical problems at scale, collaborating with folks located here in Australia and across the globe
- Own your solutions from design through to operation: we are all on the pager!
Prior experience or knowledge in Machine Learning is helpful but definitely not a prerequisite: if you are a solid software engineer then we are happy to train you up in the mysterious ways of ML!
We’re expecting you to have at least 5 years of industry experience, with a track record or desire to:
- Work autonomously in a fast paced, ambiguous and unpredictable environment
- Be naturally curious & eager to learn
- Work creatively, taking the initiative and leading when required
- Grow your solutions, fixing them as necessary
- Communicate via clear and concise writing to facilitate collaboration across multiple time zones
- Reason about complex, distributed systems at high scale within a mixed ecosystem of sync, async, RPC and event-driven architectures
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, based solely on the core competencies required of the role at hand, and without regard to any legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.