Ad Operations Manager
To solve this problem, we expanded into software and built integrated solutions to help sellers sell online, manage inventory, book appointments, engage loyal buyers, and hire and pay staff. Across it all, we’ve embedded financial services tools at the point of sale, so merchants can access a business loan and manage their cash flow in one place. Afterpay furthers our goal to provide omnichannel tools that unlock meaningful value and growth, enabling sellers to capture the next generation shopper, increase order sizes, and compete at a larger scale.
Today, we are a partner to sellers of all sizes – large, enterprise-scale businesses with complex operations, sellers just starting, as well as merchants who began selling with Square and have grown larger over time. As our sellers grow, so do our solutions. There is a massive opportunity in front of us. We’re building a significant, meaningful, and lasting business, and we are helping sellers worldwide do the same.
Afterpay is looking for an Ad Ops Lead that will play an integral leadership role in building and refining the US ad operations function, processes and team as part of Afterpay Ads. This role will report into the Head of Global Ad Ops based in the US.
- You will conceive of and activate scalable systems, solutions, and processes around planning, creating, and optimizing Retail Media and Programmatic strategy. You will ensure seamless integration and operations of our current Affiliates and future direct sales channel.
- As the US Ad Ops Lead, you are expert on all technical and trafficking requirements across our ad tech stack. You will lead execution of all campaign launches and optimization including upfront tracking, tagging, and trafficking.
- Manage affiliate network operations across all integrated networks. Onboarding new affiliate partners in affiliate platforms and aid them in getting started. Manage products and offers feeds integration across networks.
- Manage our existing offshore vendor relationship, optimizing for scalability, flexibility, and ROI.
- Work closely with Account and Sales teams to ensure a streamlined approach to campaign launch, reporting, and execution.
- Work closely with product and engineering on new product roll-outs, feature enhancements, etc.
- Establish best practices and enable team members for client-facing communications of campaign performance including the ability to provide insightful feedback on questions related to technology, data, optimization & in-platform quality assurance.
- Act as a participant and leader in regular knowledge share sessions to support organizational education initiatives and nurture innovation, optimization, and integration strategies.
- Support the development of process standards, standard SLAs, acceptable error rates, discrepancy ranges, and train team members on the how and why.
- At least 5 years of trading or ad operations experience with any of the following: digital publishers, SSP, DSP, affiliate publishers or networks, or media agency.
- Experience in campaign management and optimization and experience providing client-facing recommendations.
- Strong leadership skills: ability to set and communicate goals, measure accomplishments, hold team accountable, and provide constructive feedback.
- Ability to analyze programmatic bid data and/or interpret campaign performance and implement informed optimizations to achieve CPA, ROAS, or CPC goals.
- Experience within the digital ecosystem ad server functionality, including configuration and how everything works (tags, inventory, etc).
- Proactive attitude with exceptional analytical, documentation, organizational, project management, and listening skills.
- Solid understanding of advertising campaign setup and metrics.
- Demonstrates strong strategic and analytical planning.
- Strong collaboration skills with Product in coming up with long term solutions to drive monetization and scale.
- Innovative problem-solving skills.
- Process driven professional who demonstrates strong time-management, prioritization, organizational skills.
- BA/BS/BTech degree in Statistics, Marketing, Mathematics, or any other equivalent quantitative-heavy major, or equivalent work experience.
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $103,900 - USD $126,900
Zone B: USD $96,600 - USD $118,000
Zone C: USD $88,300 - USD $107,900
Zone D: USD $77,900 - USD $95,300
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Benefits include the following:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D. and disability benefits
- Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
This role is also eligible to participate in Block's equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies, and may be eligible for a sign-on bonus. Sales roles may be eligible to participate in a commission plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies. Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.