As a foundational member of Block’s Ethics Team you will support Block build and enhance its Ethics Program. The Ethics Team is a key partner to teams across Block providing guidance and review of several topics. The focus of the position will be to help establish, maintain, document and enhance the Ethics program. The Ethics Analyst will be a key resource for employees who contact Block’s Ethics Line and will ensure consistent interpretation and communication of Block policy requirements, and consistent process, treatment and disposition of cases that come into the Ethics Line.
The Ethics Analyst will focus on integrity in business transactions and compliance with the Block Code of Conduct, policies, and all laws and regulations that apply to Block. The Ethics Analyst will plan and lead the implementation of a variety of activities throughout the year to raise awareness of the importance of compliance and ethics.
- Manage the primary review process for compliance disclosures including conflicts of interest and gifts and entertainment offers.
- Maintain Blocks Ethics Line including overall management of the platform.
- Provide verbal and written guidance regarding Block’s Code of Conduct and other related company policies.
- Respond to and appropriately escalate allegations of misconduct under Block’s Code of Conduct.
- Coordinate investigation hand-off and follow-up for policy and legal violations to ensure they are appropriately assigned, investigated and resolved expeditiously and in compliance with internal procedures and legal requirements.
- Build relationships and communicate with key partners including Employee Relations, Legal, and others.
- Ensure high quality investigation and Ethics Line data, and assist with reporting on investigation and Ethics Line metrics for management, and Block’s Board of Directors.
- Analyze and identify trends in case activity and work with stakeholders to address trends via targeted communications and training.
- Track applicable legal and regulatory developments related to ethics hotlines, including international laws and regulations
- 5+ years of Ethics and Compliance experience
- Experience handling ethics hotline matters
- Experience handling complex and sensitive information and investigations
- Experience reviewing and identifying risks associated with compliance disclosure such as conflict of interest and gift and entertainment offers.
- The ability to identify and define problems, build project plans to address them, and manage implementation of their solutions
- The ability to effectively communicate across various stakeholders and senior management
- Experience managing projects of a cross-functional or technically complex nature
- Prior experience within a financial services company
- CFE or equivalent certification
- Experience working with engineers and/or technical teams
- SQL or Database skills
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $152,100 - USD $185,900
Zone B: USD $141,500 - USD $172,900
Zone C: USD $133,800 - USD $163,600
Zone D: USD $121,700 - USD $148,700
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Benefits include the following:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D. and disability benefits
- Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
This role is also eligible to participate in Block's equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies, and may be eligible for a sign-on bonus. Sales roles may be eligible to participate in a commission plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies. Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.