Human Resources Business Partner
To solve this problem, we expanded into software and built integrated solutions to help sellers sell online, manage inventory, book appointments, engage loyal buyers, and hire and pay staff. Across it all, we’ve embedded financial services tools at the point of sale, so merchants can access a business loan and manage their cash flow in one place. Afterpay furthers our goal to provide omnichannel tools that unlock meaningful value and growth, enabling sellers to capture the next generation shopper, increase order sizes, and compete at a larger scale.
Today, we are a partner to sellers of all sizes – large, enterprise-scale businesses with complex operations, sellers just starting, as well as merchants who began selling with Square and have grown larger over time. As our sellers grow, so do our solutions. There is a massive opportunity in front of us. We’re building a significant, meaningful, and lasting business, and we are helping sellers worldwide do the same.
We're looking for a HRBP to drive people and business initiatives across Square, specifically in Europe and the UK. You are someone who is interested in making a significant impact with our global teams and excels in a fast-paced, high engagement environment with an extraordinary desire to innovate. You're comfortable speaking up and driving initiatives forward despite any unexpected roadblocks, and have an interest in implementing impactful people programmes. You will report to the International HRBP Lead.
- Partner with mid-level managers and senior leaders to develop and implement effective HR policies and practices that will support the strategic growth of the business.
- Provide HR expertise in the areas of feedback, performance management, employee relations, development and coaching, and organizational development.
- Offer thought leadership regarding organizational and people-related strategy and execution.
- Collaborate with HR team to champion and accelerate a culture of excellence in which people feel engaged and inspired to deliver top business results.
- Develop people strategies and design approaches for diagnosing and enhancing organizational effectiveness and employee satisfaction.
- Lead core HR processes (eg, performance calibration, compensation cycle, promotions).
- Analyze and interpret various types of employee reports (eg, compensation, job levels, and attrition) to guide decision making and provide proactive solutions to client groups.
- Partner with HRBP and Learning & Programs colleagues to work on value-added programs in areas of training, development, career mobility and job performance.
- 5+ years experience in an HR Generalist or HRBP role.
- Relevant experience building and improving company culture and increasing employee engagement, and expertise in performance management.
- Superb communication skills, including effective facilitation, listening and writing. Ability to express thoughts in a clear and concise manner.
- Demonstrated analytical thinking, problem solving and decision making skills.
- Effective coaching and facilitation skills and ability to influence colleagues at all levels of the organization.
- Working knowledge of HR programmes and practices, including applicable employment laws and regulations in Europe and the UK, for example: Fitness & Probity
- Experience working with global teams.
- Experience leading employees through mergers and acquisitions.
- Management experience or experience mentoring within teams.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, based solely on the core competencies required of the role at hand, and without regard to any legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.