Software Engineer - iOS/Streaming, TIDAL
TIDAL is a global music and entertainment streaming platform committed to creating a deeper connection between artists and fans through its library of more than 80 million songs, over 350,000 high quality videos, and available in over 60 countries. In addition, TIDAL offers its subscribers exclusive access to high-profile music and music videos, original content series, podcasts, documentaries, livestream concerts, tickets, merchandise and live experiences. Together, TIDAL and Block will be music-obsessed and artist-focused while we explore new artist tools, listener experiences, and access to financial systems that help artists be more successful.
You'll be part of a tightly knit team focusing on improving our media streaming platform. Our path has not necessarily been walked before, so innovation is an integral part of our work when building new features, optimizing current ones and improving performance.
- We are responsible for everything involving TIDALs media files, i.e. ingest, storage, transcoding, encryption, delivery and playback logic. We make the music play!
- Cross-functional team, no hard lines between backend/frontend or different platforms, we help each other out!
- We are autonomous in the sense that we decide over our own processes and roadmap.
- Team members have a high degree of freedom when it comes to organizing every day work. Freedom with responsibility!
- We strive for lightweight processes. Our goal is to build great products, not to have meetings.
This position will report to Kristian Greve Hagen
- Help us improve our playback experience on the iOS platform
- Be responsible for playback on the iOS platform
- Write code in Swift
- Specialize in AVFoundation
- Work with media streaming and networking
- Ensure high quality from start to finish
- A genuine interest in streaming media tech or think it sounds interesting.
- An interest in more “low-level” work; logic, optimizations, network, file management etc.
- Excellent software development skills.
- The ability to take responsibility for the entire development cycle, from idea to release. (research, pre-study, quality assurance, monitoring in production etc)
- A willingness to learn about new domains and technologies.
- A can-do attitude! You like to dig deep in order to understand the problem and find good solutions.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, based solely on the core competencies required of the role at hand, and without regard to any legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.