Senior Product Manager, Restaurants
To solve this problem, we expanded into software and built integrated solutions to help sellers sell online, manage inventory, book appointments, engage loyal buyers, and hire and pay staff. Across it all, we’ve embedded financial services tools at the point of sale, so merchants can access a business loan and manage their cash flow in one place. Afterpay furthers our goal to provide omnichannel tools that unlock meaningful value and growth, enabling sellers to capture the next generation shopper, increase order sizes, and compete at a larger scale.
Today, we are a partner to sellers of all sizes – large, enterprise-scale businesses with complex operations, sellers just starting, as well as merchants who began selling with Square and have grown larger over time. As our sellers grow, so do our solutions. There is a massive opportunity in front of us. We’re building a significant, meaningful, and lasting business, and we are helping sellers worldwide do the same.
The restaurant industry is at an inflection point where technology is becoming more important than ever in shaping a restaurant's success. The Square for Restaurants team is helping restaurants build and grow smart businesses that can shapeshift to adapt to evolving diner demands, all while maintaining a sense of hospitality.
You will report to the Head of Product, Restaurants and focus on helping restaurants start, run and grow their businesses through building products that automate and elevate every part of the flow of their service.
To be successful in this role, you should be able to transform a deep empathy of a restaurant's needs and pains into elegant software, to think tactically and strategically, to manage deep cross-functional collaboration and methodical execution. You must also be able to drive growth metrics and own the details of the solution from deep in the stack through the end user experience.
To accomplish this you will work with our leadership team and business leaders to deliver on our new products and markets.
If you're looking to work at a high-growth company, drive impact on widely used products and change the way the restaurant industry works on a global scale you will find this role compelling, challenging, and rewarding.
- Work closely with restaurant owners and staff to deeply understand their needs, what keeps them up at night and how they run their business and serve their diners.
- Identify new growth opportunities through quantitative research, UX studies, and reviews of industry standard methodologies
- Work cross-functionality to drive the development of Square's purpose built Restaurant technology.
- Influence and inspire key stakeholders and cross-functional peers and executives throughout Square to align intent, resources, and prioritization and deliver excellent products and services
- Own the strategy, and technical health and user experience for a suite of products across multiple platforms
- Be the point person for your product area to leadership and across the organization
- Minimum of 8+ years of consumer-facing product management experience
- Minimum of 1-2 years management experience
- Passion for our purpose of economic empowerment and helping sellers succeed
- Strong customer empathy and experience shaping product direction based on customer needs
- Create solid relationships that shine when you're talking with a customer, cross-functional partner, or engaging a diverse audience
- Natural curiosity and growth mindset, obsession with the details
- Navigated product scale challenges in a high growth environment
- Proven experience delivering results
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $202,500 - USD $247,500
Zone B: USD $192,400 - USD $235,200
Zone C: USD $182,300 - USD $222,800
Zone D: USD $172,200 - USD $210,400
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Benefits include the following:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D. and disability benefits
- Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
This role is also eligible to participate in Block's equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies, and may be eligible for a sign-on bonus. Sales roles may be eligible to participate in a commission plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies. Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.