Senior Marketing Insights Analyst
- Alternate Location: Sydney, Australia
Since we opened our doors in 2009, the world of commerce has evolved immensely, and so has Square. After enabling anyone to take payments and never miss a sale, we saw sellers stymied by disparate, outmoded products and tools that wouldn’t work together.
To solve this problem, we expanded into software and built integrated solutions to help sellers sell online, manage inventory, book appointments, engage loyal buyers, and hire and pay staff. Across it all, we’ve embedded financial services tools at the point of sale, so merchants can access a business loan and manage their cash flow in one place. Afterpay furthers our goal to provide omnichannel tools that unlock meaningful value and growth, enabling sellers to capture the next generation shopper, increase order sizes, and compete at a larger scale.
Today, we are a partner to sellers of all sizes – large, enterprise-scale businesses with complex operations, sellers just starting, as well as merchants who began selling with Square and have grown larger over time. As our sellers grow, so do our solutions. There is a massive opportunity in front of us. We’re building a significant, meaningful, and lasting business, and we are helping sellers worldwide do the same.
Square is seeking a strategic insights lead to join the Australia Marketing team. You will play a critical role in ensuring we achieve our full potential as a marketing organisation. Within a very data-driven business, you will be faced with a sandbox of strategic and analytic opportunities and challenges. You’ll have autonomy to set our overall learning agenda. Mostly, you will partner with people and teams across AU Marketing, Central Marketing, Finance, Strategy & Analytics, Product Marketing, Sales and beyond, in Australia and globally, to develop thoughtful insights and cutting-edge strategies to drive both the brand and the business forward. Reporting directly to our Head of Marketing, Australia, your insights will be applied to our work in a way that creates continuous improvement for Square and more value for our seller community. This role can be located anywhere in Australia, and can work from home or from our Sydney or Melbourne office.
- Be a strategic lead, unearthing insight from data and partnering to ensure the application of these findings across all aspects of our marketing as applicable
- Define and report on important metrics for marketing performance, analysing trends and their causes
- Actively mine data from all sources, especially SQL databases and use it to predict short-term and long-term outlooks for making marketing and business decisions
- Oversee and help with analysis into specific marketing channels to understand the conversion funnel and its underlying drivers; providing optimisation recommendations
- Regularly monitor and communicate trends and analyse variances
- Partner with our central analytics, ad operations and data engineering teams to ensure measurement capabilities are in place and are best practice
- Work with the AU marketing team at large to define campaign objectives and develop cross-channel measurement plans and KPIs to ensure results are measurable and actionable
- Deliver regular business critical reports on marketing performances with actionable learnings, insights, explanations and hypotheses
- Play a critical role in our planning forecasting and budgeting, partnering cross functionally on goal setting/alignment
- 5+ years experience in marketing insights or analytics roles
- Curiosity - a natural drive to find out and explain why things happen
- The ability to tell a story with data, and the ability to explain technical matters to less technical co-workers
- Deep proficiency with marketing data, especially digital; from SEM to paid social to data-driven display advertising to offline/linear channels
- Experience working with marketing measurement tools, including multi-touch attribution, media mix modelling, MVT or incrementality testing, matched market testing, A/B testing hypothesis testing and website traffic platforms
- Proficiency with relationship modelling, particularly regression analysis
- Capable with SQL and data visualisation tools like Looker or Tableau
- Advanced Excel (can write advanced macros)skills
- Excellence in project management
- Strong interpersonal skills that encourage partnership, promote enthusiasm, and foster strategic thinking
- Have an innovative mindset and approach problems in creative ways
- Marketing strategy development experience; Performance marketing experience
- Technology industry experience
- SEO competency
- Experience with other coding languages such as Python or R
- Experienced in creating data pipelines and managing ETLs
- Familiarity with machine learning
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, based solely on the core competencies required of the role at hand, and without regard to any legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.