Data Engineer, Measurement and Attribution
To solve this problem, we expanded into software and built integrated solutions to help sellers sell online, manage inventory, book appointments, engage loyal buyers, and hire and pay staff. Across it all, we’ve embedded financial services tools at the point of sale, so merchants can access a business loan and manage their cash flow in one place. Afterpay furthers our goal to provide omnichannel tools that unlock meaningful value and growth, enabling sellers to capture the next generation shopper, increase order sizes, and compete at a larger scale.
Today, we are a partner to sellers of all sizes – large, enterprise-scale businesses with complex operations, sellers just starting, as well as merchants who began selling with Square and have grown larger over time. As our sellers grow, so do our solutions. There is a massive opportunity in front of us. We’re building a significant, meaningful, and lasting business, and we are helping sellers worldwide do the same.
As a Data Engineer working on Measurement, you will be tasked with maintaining and developing critical data solutions used to understand conversion attribution and demystify holistic, cross-channel performance. You will be the technical owner of our multi-touch, cross-channel conversion attribution model and pipelines. In this role, you will directly contribute to Square’s growth, and closely inform investment within go-to-market channels across Sales, Marketing, SEO, etc. You will be uniquely positioned at the center of our attribution data, helping product, platform, and channel teams alike interpret performance and develop strategy.
We want employees to be able to reside where they feel most creative and productive. You will be part of an org that works across pacific, central, and eastern time zone(s). In this role, you and your direct team will be primarily organized and operating within the pacific standard time zone. This role is open to all people who can be effective partners with this team, including sharing typical working hours
- Be the technical owner of Square’s multi touch attribution (MTA) pipelines maintaining and improving this business critical system
- Make data model and ETL code improvements to improve pipeline efficiency and data quality
- Monitor daily execution, diagnose and log issues, and fix business critical pipelines to ensure SLAs are met with our internal stakeholders
- Analyze new data sources and work with stakeholders to understand the impact of integrating new data into existing pipelines and models
- Own, coordinate, and tackle cross-functional problems across Marketing, Sales, Finance, Business Intelligence, Data Science, and more
- Develop tools, features, and reports using our data tech stack to empower self-service data access and augment intelligence
- At least 4 years experience building and supporting analytical data marts and warehouses built on columnar oriented RDBMS systems (e.g. Snowflake, BigQuery, Redshift, Vertica, etc.)
- Technical accomplishments working with SQL, ETL scheduling technologies (e.g. Apache Airflow, prefect, etc) and experience working in python
- An expert knowledge of data warehouse architecture and hands on experience of data modeling design, building complex and scalable ETLs
- Experience with Linux/OSX command line, version control software (git), and general software development
- Proven ability to lead cross-functional data engineering solutions that depend on the contributions of others in a variety of disciplines
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and ability to build strong relationships and influence across the organization
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.