Compliance Program Manager - Square Financial Services
Square Financial Services, Inc ("SFS" or the “Bank”) is Block, Inc.’s bank. We opened in March 2021 and provide lending and FDIC insured deposits services to small businesses on a nationwide basis.
The SFS Compliance Team is seeking a Compliance Program Manager, reporting to our Head of Compliance Management System, to support the Bank’s compliance with federal and state banking regulations, as well as SFS compliance-related policies, procedures, and standards. This position will work closely with the SFS Product and Strategy Team to review customer-facing communications and marketing collateral, manage compliance activities for new and modified financial products and services, and review business procedures and activities for adherence to internal compliance policies. This role will also serve as a touchpoint for compliance deliverables supported by the parent company, Block, Inc, and other key third parties.
- Be the primary contact for compliance-related information and activities for the SFS Product and Strategy Team’s initiatives
- Partner with relevant third parties and vendors that support the objectives and deliverables of the Bank’s Compliance Program.
- Report to Bank senior management and support teams regarding key developments in regulatory compliance to ascertain how business initiatives may be impacted
- Conduct regulatory risk assessments on new, modified, and proposed products and services and craft and implement appropriate risk treatments accordingly
- Perform targeted compliance reviews to validate Bank adherence with applicable laws and SFS policies
- Provide oversight of and direction to the compliance monitoring program, including handling escalations and testing report validation
- Participate in audits and regulatory examinations. Assist in addressing findings and help prepare responses as requested
- Complete additional projects and duties as directed
- 5+ years of experience in compliance management of commercial and consumer lending and deposits products and services
- Experience in a bank environment is required
- Proficient knowledge of commercial and consumer state and federal banking laws and regulations
- Familiarity with payment processing and NACHA requirements
- Ability to interface effectively and build relationships with counterparts and partners both internal and external to SFS
- Ability to handle a fast-paced environment, take ownership of projects and successfully meet established project deadline requirements
- Ability to develop and implement new policies, strategies, and work processes across multiple operational units and business affiliates
- Ability to understand and communicate legal and regulatory concepts and convert them into relevant, practical business requirements
- Excellent oral and technical writing skills, presentation skills
- CRCM designation or similar preferred
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $152,100 - USD $185,900
Zone B: USD $141,500 - USD $172,900
Zone C: USD $133,800 - USD $163,600
Zone D: USD $121,700 - USD $148,700
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Benefits include the following:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D. and disability benefits
- Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
This role is also eligible to participate in Block's equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies, and may be eligible for a sign-on bonus. Sales roles may be eligible to participate in a commission plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies. Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.