Product Marketing Manager, Payments
Since we opened our doors in 2009, the world of commerce has evolved immensely, and so has Square. After enabling anyone to take payments and never miss a sale, we saw sellers stymied by disparate, outmoded products and tools that wouldn’t work together.
To solve this problem, we expanded into software and built integrated solutions to help sellers sell online, manage inventory, book appointments, engage loyal buyers, and hire and pay staff. Across it all, we’ve embedded financial services tools at the point of sale, so merchants can access a business loan and manage their cash flow in one place. Afterpay furthers our goal to provide omnichannel tools that unlock meaningful value and growth, enabling sellers to capture the next generation shopper, increase order sizes, and compete at a larger scale.
Today, we are a partner to sellers of all sizes – large, enterprise-scale businesses with complex operations, sellers just starting, as well as merchants who began selling with Square and have grown larger over time. As our sellers grow, so do our solutions. There is a massive opportunity in front of us. We’re building a significant, meaningful, and lasting business, and we are helping sellers worldwide do the same.
As ways to pay and get paid continue to proliferate, the Payment Products team is at the forefront of payments innovation to ensure that our sellers in all markets can accept all the ways that their buyers want to pay. We help our sellers never miss a sale by staying one step ahead of what is next in the payments industry.
We are seeking a strategic and collaborative product marketer to focus on leading go-to-market and growth for new payments innovations globally. Ahead of launch, you will determine the key target audience, positioning, value propositions, and channel strategy to drive product market fit and a successful launch. New payments innovations affect the entire Square ecosystem, and you will work closely with Product and Marketing to coordinate with an extensive cross-functional group to drive impact for all of Square. After launch, you will work to understand the seller experience and identify opportunities for both product and marketing to drive continued growth and adoption.
You will report to the senior PMM lead for Payment Innovation and be part of an innovative global group of Payments PMMs.
- Launch new payments innovations by:
- Developing customer segmentation, positioning and messaging for new launches
- Partnering with a cross functional group of GTM stakeholders including Marketing, Creative, Comms to bring new products to sellers
- Leading discovery on new payment innovations and opportunities
- Drive adoption and usage of new payments innovations
- Tracking marketing program performance and coordinating with our global Marketing Team and Payments PMMs to optimize results
- Gathering qualitative and quantitative product feedback to influence marketing strategies and the product roadmap
- Leading insights about current and prospective customers to refine target audiences and identify opportunities for growth
- Developing lifecycle marketing and cross-sell strategies to optimize performance
- Collaborating with Finance and Data Science to understand impact, develop performance forecasts, and KPIs
- Partnering with Product, Hardware, Creative, Engineering, Central Marketing, Design, Data Analysts, Communications, and Sales globally
- 5+ years working in product marketing, growth or lifecycle marketing, or similar go-to-market experience
- Previous background in B2C or B2B marketing to small business audiences, preferably with experience in payments, fintech, early stage startups, or consumer technologies
- Demonstrated competence in marketing fundamentals including customer insight development (quantitative and qualitative), pricing analysis and recommendations, and executing go-to-market campaigns
- Experience working with partner teams (product, eng, design) to develop and launch a product and new product features
- Experience partnering with central creative and marketing teams to execute marketing campaigns
- Comfort in a face-paced, startup environment
- Genuine interest in and curiosity in helping small businesses succeed
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $152,100 - USD $185,900
Zone B: USD $141,500 - USD $172,900
Zone C: USD $133,800 - USD $163,600
Zone D: USD $121,700 - USD $148,700
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Benefits include the following:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D. and disability benefits
- Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
This role is also eligible to participate in Block's equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies, and may be eligible for a sign-on bonus. Sales roles may be eligible to participate in a commission plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies. Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.